Detail Distance: 50
Definition: Off
VSync: On

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Home Premium
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Video Driver version: 182.06
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 4.1GHz

when I use Rivatuner's hardware monitoring it dips to like as low as 25fps and mostly sits around 47fps..... when running from the cops in the game in some areas, and doing some missions (low 30's, high 20's fps), and essentially makes it kind of hard not to crash as if it starts to skip a bit mid turn if driving, lol.

Also to note, in game I usually turn VSync off, and Definition on as it clears up some of the lines and things in-game, thats the only difference from the benchmarks showings.

Is this the performance I should be seeing with my sig rig? My card is overclocked to 720/1440/1107 EVGA GTX260 55nm. (Passes furmark for 2 hours, ATI Tool for 20minutes, and all 3DMark benchmarks). Same for my E8400 @ 4.1GHz - passes 20 intel burn test, prime95 stable for 12 hours.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
23,733 Posts
yeah it's your CPU, gta iv really likes quads

that is pretty good performance though

· Premium Member
23,733 Posts
i agree. go over to [H] and read up on what they have about the game. a quad really does make a massive difference.

· Premium Member
23,733 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyric
View Post

Could I get a link, I don't know what site/forum you are speaking of, thanks.

ask and you shall recieve

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==

more specifically on the cpu usage page.

Quote:

CPU usage while running Grand Theft Auto IV averaged about 65%, which was split, somewhat evenly, across all 4 cores of our Quad-Core CPU. This means that gamers with a dual-core CPU may be forced to lower their settings due to high levels of CPU usage by GTA IV. The above test represents the results of driving around liberty city for about 10 minutes, hitting buildings, road signs, motorcyclists, other cars, and pedestrians, and even getting hurled through the front windshield of our test car.

Obviously, CPU-usage can vary depending on what is going on in the game, so your mileage may vary, but the results we got clearly indicate that GTA IV is using all 4 cores of our CPU.

game runs fine for me. maybe it is something to do with your PC?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.