Detail Distance: 50
Definition: Off
VSync: On

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Home Premium
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Video Driver version: 182.06
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 4.1GHz

when I use Rivatuner's hardware monitoring it dips to like as low as 25fps and mostly sits around 47fps..... when running from the cops in the game in some areas, and doing some missions (low 30's, high 20's fps), and essentially makes it kind of hard not to crash as if it starts to skip a bit mid turn if driving, lol.

Also to note, in game I usually turn VSync off, and Definition on as it clears up some of the lines and things in-game, thats the only difference from the benchmarks showings.

Is this the performance I should be seeing with my sig rig? My card is overclocked to 720/1440/1107 EVGA GTX260 55nm. (Passes furmark for 2 hours, ATI Tool for 20minutes, and all 3DMark benchmarks). Same for my E8400 @ 4.1GHz - passes 20 intel burn test, prime95 stable for 12 hours.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
520 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyric View Post
Great, now I get the dreaded RESC10 error "Not enough video memory, please restart your computer". after about 5 hours of play, crashed right in the middle of a damn mission too, ugh.

I hope they release 1.0.3 patch soon, this is ridiculous, there is like a 20 page thread on the GTA IV Forums about this RESC10 issue.
I get this error all the time, usually when i alt esc out of the game or go on a rampage.

Statistics
Average FPS: 39.61
Duration: 37.29 sec
CPU Usage: 20%
System memory usage: 84%
Video memory usage: 92%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1920 x 1200 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Render Quality: High
View Distance: 32
Detail Distance: 70
Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1920 x 1200 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Render Quality: High
View Distance: 32
Detail Distance: 70

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Home Premium
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Video Driver version: 7.14.10.630
Audio Adapter: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz

cpu usage makes me drool

· Banned
15,008 Posts
CPU is extremely important in GTA4.

I was the first one on OCN to run detailed CPU benchmarks the night GTA4 came out.

2.4Ghz ---> 4Ghz netted me 14 extra FPS

I then went into task manager and set GTA4 to only use 2 cores. 2 cores ----> 4 cores = 12 extra FPS at the same clocks.

· Registered
520 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TnB= Gir
View Post

CPU is extremely important in GTA4.

I was the first one on OCN to run detailed CPU benchmarks the night GTA4 came out.

2.4Ghz ---> 4Ghz netted me 14 extra FPS

I then went into task manager and set GTA4 to only use 2 cores. 2 cores ----> 4 cores = 12 extra FPS at the same clocks.

How many fps do you usually get for your benchmarks?>

· Premium Member
23,733 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyric
View Post

Could I get a link, I don't know what site/forum you are speaking of, thanks.

ask and you shall recieve

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==

more specifically on the cpu usage page.

Quote:

CPU usage while running Grand Theft Auto IV averaged about 65%, which was split, somewhat evenly, across all 4 cores of our Quad-Core CPU. This means that gamers with a dual-core CPU may be forced to lower their settings due to high levels of CPU usage by GTA IV. The above test represents the results of driving around liberty city for about 10 minutes, hitting buildings, road signs, motorcyclists, other cars, and pedestrians, and even getting hurled through the front windshield of our test car.

Obviously, CPU-usage can vary depending on what is going on in the game, so your mileage may vary, but the results we got clearly indicate that GTA IV is using all 4 cores of our CPU.

game runs fine for me. maybe it is something to do with your PC?

· Banned
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by -iceblade^ View Post
game runs fine for me. maybe it is something to do with your PC?
Thanks for the link, and I know its not my computer causing the issue, its the way the game is coded.

People with Core i7's / GTX 295's are having the same issue. (GTAForums - search for/read the RESC10 error thread), the game starts stuttering after about 3-5hours of play and then eventually gives that damn error.

RESC10 error usually happens when I hit ESC as well. Also its known to happen more on vista than on windows xp, alot of people say XP doesn't have the RESC10 issue. But I shouldn't have to use XP because the game supports vista, and won't run a dual partition just for the sake of crappy coding. They need to fix it.

· Banned
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TnB= Gir View Post
I haven't had a single crash or error code, and I've owned it since release.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble though.
What's the longest session you've played without taking a break? I go regularly for 4+hours with no break at all, game usually errors out @ around 4-5 hours.

· Banned
15,008 Posts
Quote:

What's the longest session you've played without taking a break? I go regularly for 4+hours with no break at all, game usually errors out @ around 4-5 hours.
Probably 8-9 hours the first night I had it.

· Banned
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TnB= Gir View Post
Probably 8-9 hours the first night I had it.
Oh, I also just noticed you have 6GB of ram, the issue this game has is a memory leak thats why the RESC10 error occurs....a guy posted a chart on the forums (lost the link) and was recording how it slowly took over all of his memory. A quote from several people on the GTAForums:

Quote:
GTA IV seems to waste your system memory (RAM), it loads alot of content into it, but does not remove it when you don't need it anymore. So the space left for new content gets smaller and smaller, models/sounds/textures etc. are loaded but not removed. The game just forgets, that it was loaded and it remains in the memory, but unused.
So maybe that is the reason you are not seeing the issue, because you have a crazy amount of RAM.

Just for reference, if you google GTA IV + Memory leak, you get a stupid amount of results, so there is indeed a huge issue with the game. I hope a new patch comes soon...or I guess i'll just have to re-boot my computer every 4-5 hours to continue playing.

Let me google that for you

· Banned
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dominique120 View Post
you need a core 2 quad
Jumping on the bandwagon, eh?
You are still running on a Pentium 4, with a 6series card. how would you know first hand?

Quote:

In the benchmark it shows 91% CPU usage, when I'm monitoring it and logging it to file in rivatuner with hardware monitoring my cpu usage never passes 80% and I was playing it yesterday for 5 hours straight or so - so I doubt a Quad would make a huge difference over my dual core.
There, I bolded it for you. :swearing:

· Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I have a bad feeling that no patch can fix this damn problem.They people who made thia game for the PC have screwed up big time.And they know it.We might be lucky.Patch 15 might fix the problem!!

· Banned
15,008 Posts
Quads do make a huge difference over dual cores in GTA4 performance. Whether that would fix your errors or not, I don't know.

Like I said, my Day 1 benchmarks showed that going from 2 cores to 4 cores at the same speed showed an increase of 12 FPS average. That's definitely noticeable.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.