Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys sorry about no mic. I am having a GTA IV problem , what a suprise! -.- Even though I have the command line.txt configured, and the launch options in the launchGTAIV configured correctly, it wont work. it just crashes. Please help me. The reason for this is my radeon 7950HD 3Gb, the game doesnt support 3GB graphics cards. But I was wondering if it might be these facts.

I am not updated.

I have xlive"less" (xlive for people with limited internet, only for a short while but its a *****.)

I am running the launcher after RSC is open, and the command prompt opens, then closes. Any and all help / suggestions would be helpful! Thank you for your time !
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
By using this command on your shortcut, you bypass the memory limit (It doesnt detect the 3gb)

"C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\LaunchGTAIV.exe" -norestrictions -nomemrestrict"

I have a 2500k + HD7970 and i can play this game 100% fine, no crashes, nothing.

Maybe it is the Xliveless conflicting? I dont know. You can also use GFWL and use a offline profile, you can still save your game with this. And dont need a active internet connection.

When you start GTA IV, it opens the Rockstar Social Club program, just click Start Game or Play Game and GTA IV will launch.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Does the vanilla copy of GTA IV run? for me i had to install and have GFWL Client open otherwise the game wouldn't start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts