Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just installed GTA IV, and even on the lowest settings, every second, i get this half second strutter, which is driving me mad. I get around 25 FPS, which is okay i guess, for my sig rig. The struttering is really annoying!

I have the latest driver, do i have to OC my CPU? :<

·
Banned
3,105 Posts
Strictly speaking, your computer is too slow to run GTAIV. It's a very very CPU intensive game, and you need at least a good quad to run it well.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ipwnnubletz View Post
Strictly speaking, your computer is too slow to run GTAIV. It's a very very CPU intensive game, and you need at least a good quad to run it well.
Yeah, i know... my CPU usage is 96% when playing :< OC won't help? I can bare <25 FPS, but its that damn half second strutter thats bothering me, i've seen vids and other people dont have that.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by nascasho View Post
Vsync, it's an ATI issue with the game (stuttering, not the low performance). I know because it did it with my 5870's and was massively minimized when Vsync is enabled.

Try that and see what happens.
Uhhh Will do. Hang on

Where can i enable vsync? CCC or the game?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by johhu12 View Post
Also install the v1.06 patch. It has mega enchantments and it gave me huge boost in FPS.
no patches

i found out what the problem was. apparently you cant have WASD as your controls. that blocks it >
well, i fixed it, thanks for posting everyone!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ipwnnubletz View Post
Maybe on higher settings.

My E8400 runs it fine on medium, possibly even a couple high settings

·
Overclocker
1,743 Posts
GTAIV isn't as CPU intensive as some think. Sure on high to max settings it'll slow down on some, but it's very playable on lower spec dual-core rigs.

I think it's more a driver thing when there's issues, at least most the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts