Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the game and all was fine until it came to the part where you start to drive off roman's car, the screen was blank just audio, the map and cash data were showing and when i turned the cam, the map got blurry. So i ran the bench and came out and it worked this time until i started driving and it just got real blurry so i quit the game an restarted there was no starting cutscene this time and after the 1st cutscene there still was nothing but the blank scene with the map and cash data showing.

Tried restarting my pc / running the game with gpu stock, doubt its my oc cuz i play everything else 100% and ccc setting are stock

doubt a re-install can help this.

The game might load up sometimes, and as i exit the door of the apartment, goes blurry like a negative effect.

Any idea what can fix this?

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
turn off vsync

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizzle
View Post

there is no vsync setting in game...

yes there is.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
did you download the patch if not do so it fixes some or most of the bugs in the game
http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch...IV-Patch.shtml

my gta 4 does not like any OC on my video card try at stock settings and see if its OC and download ati 10.3 if you dont have it installed yet

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizzle View Post
@ cerebus i see none and ive been playing this game on pc a long while now

then you fail.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
LOL EPIC ending. I got tired of this game. I'll just wait for the GTA V if THEY do make it and hopefully they can improve LOTS of things. Done modding GTA IV.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The original release of GTAIV was missing a ton of settings and I'm pretty sure vsync was one of them. If your graphics screen doesn't look like Cerberus's it means you need to update and would probably explain why you're having numerous issues. When GTAIV was first released it was insanely buggy and was missing a ton of graphic settings. 1.0.5.0 is the latest patch.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgr215
View Post

The original release of GTAIV was missing a ton of settings and I'm pretty sure vsync was one of them. If your graphics screen doesn't look like Cerberus's it means you need to update and would probably explain why you're having numerous issues. When GTAIV was first released it was insanely buggy and was missing a ton of graphic settings. 1.0.5.0 is the latest patch.

cool ..knew it had to be a patch prob, will try later on ..this is the 1st time ive ever had a prob with gta4

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizzle
View Post

cool ..knew it had to be a patch prob, will try later on ..this is the 1st time ive ever had a prob with gta4

So wait you have never patched GTA IV after installing it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerberus
View Post

then you fail.

you installed the new update, that is why you have those settings like shadow and water quality
but I can't remember if v 1.0 had vsync or it was added later

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
GTA IV has issues. like being a bad and horribly coded console port.

Make sure you have all the patches, drivers and whatnot. If you run out if ideas, smash the game discs and box in a fit of rage and be done with the game once and for all.

Seriously though, get those patches.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts