Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i found out that i received a bad gto(voltage fluxuations states shaphire) from newegg so they are giving me a refund as they dont have any replacements available at this time they stated....so my question is this....

if i was to goto pci-E what video card would be good to get but yet not bottleneck my system....and a cheap MB less then 100$

If i was to stay agp would you recommend the 7800gs or a 850xtpe if i can find one for sale at newegg?as i have a credit with them that i need to use....

Im thinking of spending a max of 400$ total for everything so i was leaning towards a 7800gt and a cheap mb or a 7800gs and more memory...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got 1 gig,i just dont know if it worth it yet? i mean the prices ive seen for a gs so far is like 350 and you can get a 7800gt for 270 and a MB for like 75 so i dont know if the price drops then that what i was thinking but i dont want to have to slow of a video card as i plan on upgrading around july to maybe a dual core 4200....but yet if i can go cheaper then by all means i will do so..lol just want high detail in my games is all,my 9800 pro runs ok but no details if you know what i mean...fear q4 farcry doom3 area51 are the games i play mostly...

·
I TeK things...
17,448 Posts
I played FEAR on 1024x768 on HIGH and got 67 FPS.......with my x800GTO2 --->x850xt.......till it died, rma'd it.....should be here next friday.....hopefully..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my gto did 37fps,72fps,158fps in the fear time demo but that was everything set to performance and not quality i would like quality first...i was looking at over seas stores and they sell the 7800gs for like 175L in great britian what ever that conversion will work out to be...that might work if its cheap enough

·
Registered
199 Posts
WAAIT!!! someone said x850XT not as good as 7800GS? you are mistaken...go to anandtech.com and read the 7800GS article....in majority of tests x850XT beats it...so then there are 2 options...more power but cannot use HDR or SM3 OR use these functions and haveless pure power

1 - 10 of 10 Posts