Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my gto straight out of box up to 500/550 mhz stable through artifact scan with atitool for an hour and a half. temps reach about 60-61 celcius. would it be a good idea to go for more?

the fan is at 98% while doing this .... and man is it loud.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
i personally wanted to keep my card cooler than mid 60's. you could likely squeek a bit more but better cooling would be advised if you really wanna try to top it out. but if money is importnt just leave it where it is and be happy. my zalman cooler actually didnt raise my oc at all.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazino

i personally wanted to keep my card cooler than mid 60's. you could likely squeek a bit more but better cooling would be advised if you really wanna try to top it out. but if money is importnt just leave it where it is and be happy. my zalman cooler actually didnt raise my oc at all.

ahh .... ok ... just wondering tho .... will the heat level increase significantly at this point?

and how does this rate with other cards of the same type?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
another thing. should i trust the temp readings in atitool ... i feel some hot air coming out of my pc .... its just nasty in there .... its actually causing my cpu to heat up by like 3 degrees ....

·
Registered
584 Posts
Well if I were you, I'd keep pushing it just so you know what its max speeds are, but thats a great OC for your card.

At current speeds, I would drop the fan speed down to 80% or so, so its not as loud, and let the temps hit 65-70, it won't do any harm.

·
Registered
365 Posts
My x800gt is doing 535/545 right now, but when I game it gets pretty darn hot on the back of the pcb near the core (but opposite side of card). My card doesn't have a temp sensor though, so I can't tell just how badly I'm hurting my card

Nice OC for yours BTW. Is it r423 or r480?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazino

shame on you for discouraging him from overclocking more, on overclock.net nonetheless...60C is nothing, keep overclocking until you artifact, then turn it down 5-10mhz below artifacting

·
Premium Member
8,477 Posts
The temps. on my flashed GTO2 reach 66*C after several hours in ATITool. I say anything below 70*C is fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts