Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Based on their 192 shader cores, I'd estimate they would produce about 7-9k PPD.

If you want bang for the buck, a 9800GT, 8800GTS g92/9800GTX+/GTS 250 are all good buys. However, the 450 will be more power efficient (more PPD/watt).

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
After reading that other post on this new card I was hell keen and all lined up to get one next week. with the oc pulling ~12K PPD looks like it'll be right up there as a contender against the 460 for PPD/$ & watt

damn vehicle rego came in yesterday... Looks like thisupgrade will have to wait till next months pay now

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by to_the_zenith View Post
After reading that other post on this new card I was hell keen and all lined up to get one next week. with the oc pulling ~12K PPD looks like it'll be right up there as a contender against the 460 for PPD/$ & watt

damn vehicle rego came in yesterday... Looks like thisupgrade will have to wait till next months pay now

That sucks about your car man. Good luck with that.

As far as the PPD, it looks like after a pretty decent OC, that guy's 450 was only producing 7600 PPD. I'm confused where the 12K figure is coming from?

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
It could maybe get 10k on the new beta WU's with a good OC. One of my 460's is getting 15k on a 925 and pretty much the same on a 912.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordikon
View Post

That sucks about your car man. Good luck with that.

As far as the PPD, it looks like after a pretty decent OC, that guy's 450 was only producing 7600 PPD. I'm confused where the 12K figure is coming from?

damn bills hey...
Yeah I was looking for the post in that thread had the screen of 12K, but for the life of me cant find it. It must've been there at some stage cause I made comment on it and Chairless replied correcting me on the overclock of it to.

But from general consensus going around now looks like ~8-10K (depending on clock) is a more accurate figure

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
~8k on the 611pt WUs when OCed, probably ~10k on the 9xx ones

1 - 11 of 11 Posts