Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all,

I am a long time oc.net member, but unfortunately I no longer can access my older account... Anyways, I would like to apologize up front if this is not the section for this post, but this is as close of a section that falls within what I am asking!

To start off I recently upgraded from a 6600k to the 8700k plus decided to purchase a new AIO cooler. The Kraken x61 still works flawlessly but I wanted to test the waters with the EVGA CLC 280mm AIO cooler. Friend bought it a few weeks ago and then decided to go full custom loop. Still taped shut sitting in the newegg shipping box and let me get it for $70. Tested both and settled with the EVGA for my CPU. 2c idle and 4c load lower temps in prime95. So that leaves me to now. I have spent the past 5 days searching for someone that might possibly have the bracket/shroud(only) for sale that comes with the 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid AIO Cooler. I contacted EVGA and makes no sense that they will not allow me to obtain the mounting kit/shroud separately. I don't need the radiator and the shroud can be modded to accommodate the top inlet configuration that the CLC 280 has.

There is also the Kraken g12 that I already have. With this mounting configuration, I have to remove the back-plate on the FTW3 and that is something I do not want to tango with. The card is already massive and tempting fate adding that extra weight that will have no support is not something I want to do.

So with all that said, I am searching for anyone that has the knowledge and ability to create a custom bracket for the Kraken x61 AIO as well as a shroud similar to the Kraken g12 except it needs to have mounting holes so I can attach a 120mm Fan. Paying for cost, labor and shipping so if you happen to be an owner of a 3d Printer, has the ability to design with CAD to make a decent GPU mounting bracket and Shroud that houses the pump/water-block separate from the rear mounting location for the fan please contact me. GPU bracket only needs to be a circle piece with the correct teeth to twist onto the Kraken x61 pump/water-block. Also needs to have correctly measure holes to line up with the 4 corner locations of the EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3. I will use 4 M3 screws and place them through the back-plate then just tighten the pump down securely with nuts. The shroud just needs to be able to fasten to the pcb so that I can mount a 120mm fan(maybe a 140mm)about 1 1/2inches above the pcb. Will be applying vrm/mosfet heatsinks to cool other parts. So if you think you have this in ya and want to take a few hours out of a day to design and 3d print this I would be so thankful. I'm not a cheapo so willing to pay for a well crafted product. Hit me back here or PM!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
if your case has a seven slot PCI space then fit a coolermaster verticle GPU mount and use the G12 + X61. That is what I use although my MSI gaming X 480 only required the cooler removal so 4 screws and hey presto

1 - 3 of 3 Posts