Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what advantage does the 1080Ti have over the old Titan X Pascal 2016 ? would it be wise in switching to the old titan x pascal 2016 from a 1080ti ? is this titan x better in overclocking ? i am using a zotac 1080ti amp extreme core edition and my chip is soo bad at overclocking ... can the old titan x pascal be overclocked to reach new titan Xp 2017 ?

·
Overclocked
3,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauronTheGreat View Post

what advantage does the 1080Ti have over the old Titan X Pascal 2016 ? would it be wise in switching to the old titan x pascal 2016 from a 1080ti ? is this titan x better in overclocking ? i am using a zotac 1080ti amp extreme core edition and my chip is soo bad at overclocking ... can the old titan x pascal be overclocked to reach new titan Xp 2017 ?
Well ... 1080 Ti is a more cut-down chip than Titan XP, and that to target another market segment and be cheaper for a wider audience. As for your other question. No, you will hardly notice a difference, unless you need the extra bandwidth and 1 GB VRAM. Your overclocked Zotac AMP card is already faster than a stock Titan XP.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessKnight View Post

Well ... 1080 Ti is a more cut-down chip than Titan XP, and that to target another market segment and be cheaper for a wider audience. As for your other question. No, you will hardly notice a difference. Unless you need the extra bandwidth and 1 GB VRAM. Your overclocked Zotac AMP card is already faster than a stock Titan XP.
ok, but with the old titan x pascal 2016 if it is water cooled can it become equivalent to its successor the titan Xp 2017 ? apparently there is no water block for my zotac card, it would be a less of a headache to watercool the old titan x pascal 2016

·
Overclocked
3,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauronTheGreat View Post

ok, but with the old titan x pascal 2016 if it is water cooled can it become equivalent to its successor the titan Xp 2017 ? apparently there is no water block for my zotac card, it would be a less of a headache to watercool the old titan x pascal 2016
If heavily overclocked maybe. The Titan Xp does not only have more cores to compromise the core clock but also a refined memory.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessKnight View Post

If heavily overclocked maybe. The Titan Xp does not only have more cores to compromise the core clock but also a refined memory.
here is a screenshot my gpu under load with factory clocks

the thing is i do not have the zotac 1080Ti amp extreme version, i have the zotac 1080Ti amp extreme CORE version which were chips intended for the amp extremes but they did not reach up to mark, so they rebranded these chips and named them amp extreme core edition ... my amp extreme barely has any decent waterblock, tbt i prefer EK and it has no overclocking potential ... with this titan x pascal 2016 i will be able to put a decent WB on it and probably able to OC it ... would i be doing the right thing ?

·
Overclocked
3,924 Posts
That's a very high-end OC out of the box. 2 GHz is downright impressive. What more are you looking for? You are already near the architectural limitation in terms of frequency on Pascal. So having waterblock won't yield any significant result, unless of course noise is an issue?

But I think it is now already too late in the game to waste money on a used Titan XP that will barely be any faster than your card and you won't notice any difference unless you stare at the fps counter 24/7.

You might want a waterblock now but I think you should have made your choice at the time you bought the GPU so you don't regret it later and waste your money.

No offense intended.

Just play your games and enjoy your card while waiting for the next best thing
thumb.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: SauronTheGreat

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i will stick to your advice and keep my 1080Ti, thanks for the help
smile.gif

• Rep+