Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an EVGA Superclocked GTX 260 Core 216 and I am overclocking it using EVGA Precision. I have the fan cranked to 80% to keep it cool. I was wondering if there is an after market cooling solution that will allow me to remove the stock fan and attached some sort of "silent" cooling device.

I want to make my PC quieter and by using a Fanless CPU heatsink and removing that stock fan on the GTX260 I can make my PC almost silent.

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
You could get something like this and then use a silent fan with a fan controller.

You'd not be able to OC your card though.

·
404 Title Not Found
2,326 Posts
http://www.arctic-cooling.com/catalo...ath=2_&mID=251

It says quiet fans, but 5 sone is really loud, 60+dba I believe.
You could probably get some better fans and slap on there, other solution I could suggest is water cooling your pc, which may be a bit costly.

Edit: Also you can try out MSI Afterburner for overclocking/ custom fan settings. I have mine to only go fast when it's at 60c+, otherwise on 40-50% its pretty quiet. I don't notice it when I'm gaming which is the only time it really gets that hot. My headphones or speakers drown it out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will that Thermalright HR-03 GTX Rev. A work with the Core 216??? I know there are different PCB board layouts for different versions of the GTX 260.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Well, i am also a proud owner of a gtx 260 and i must admit that with the fan on auto it is almost silent and it keeps it cool. Are you having overheating problems? If not just leave it on auto and you will barely notice it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts