Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the Palit card, here's the MSI card...

So my main question is about OCing one of these (although I'll actually being buying two cards for SLI)... does anyone know which one OC's better by chance...? Will it make a difference that the Palit card has both 6-pin and 8-pin power connector slots, versus the MSI with two 6-pin slots? I would think the Palit can utilize more power, but will that show in potential OC's...? Does anyone have any hard reasons to avoid one or both of these cards? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Personally, I would trust Palit with Nvidia cards more than MSI... MSI make decent ATI cards, though they aren't known for their Nvidia cards...

as for overclocking, its really dependent on the card itself... some cards from great brands such as EVGA or XFX can be terrible overclockers, while others are great

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
I dont think any brand will overclock any higher then the other unless it has an aftermarket cooler already installed, as mentioned above it depends if you get a lucky card or not. people buy brand specific for their benefits (evga step up for example) warranties/customers service and most of the time the one with a lower price
. not too sure on the power cable differences between the two though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts