Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of the month I'll be adding a second GTX 260 to my setup for some SLi action, but I've read somewhere that temps increase so badly that the GPU temperature activates performance throttling and fan speeds are almost unbearable.

Can anyone with an existing GTX 260 SLi setup (Normal OR Core 216) give me their temps and what the combined fan noise sounds like idle and gaming?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Temps shouldn't be too bad if it's only two way SLI.
You could always increase fan speed or use some aftermarket coolers if it troubles you.

·
Registered
862 Posts
with no gapping and if they are stacked yes there will be heat...you can replace the TIM on both also and maybe get a few degrees.

they always seem to cover gpu's with so much

my buddy has 260 216's in SLI and games with warhammer...its not THAT loud...lol people who cry about fan noise are babies...get some headphones.

I just asked him and he said they never go above 50C but his room is really chilly and his case has great airflow antec 1200. The people who cry about temps going crazy usually have terrible airflow or sitting in a room next to a furnace.

yeah well then with the p5e you are fine get them and rock and roll...

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
He has a P5E, it won't stack together, there will be space.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
My 280s in SLi, idle at 53 and 51, with fan speed at 80%, Playing far cry 2, they load at 68 and 65c, not to bad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I'm replacing my current mobo in favor of another to be able to support SLi, and unfortunately, both card will be right beside eachother (no space). Right now my current GTX 260 is OC'd to eVGA's FTW speeds and the cooling is at default. I'm averaging 78 degrees after 2 hours of FarCry 2, and bumping the fan speed to 60% give me load temps of 72 degrees. Haven't tried 80% yet, but the fan does whine considerably.

However, I will have 2 80mm fans blowing directly onto both cards when my setup is complete. Will this help a lot?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts