Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I had posted a thread whereby I had requested advice on components as I was going to upgrade my computer. I am thankful to all of you for your advice and support.

I have a new pc now with the following config -
-C2D 3GHZ
-4 GB RAM
-Leadtek GTX 275
- (See Signature)

Now everything is working fine, OS windows xp installed and several softwares installed. So far so good.

BUT my GPU GTX 275 is overheating if I run a game. I have 2 fans on my cabinet (left side) which blows air in and my SMPS blows air out.

As soon as I run game NFS Undercover, my GPU starts beeping and if I check temperature then it shows 80 celcius. And this happens as soon as I run the game and not if the game has been running for a while. Moreover I think my GPU fan speed is locked at 40%. Why isnt the card adjusting fan speed automatically.?

My CPU is okay and shows temp around fifties (celcius). Cabinet has decent room so its not really crowded.

What should I do ? GTX is a big card and i dunno installing another fan or so with thermal paste may not be an easy task.

Man I got a new machine and now I can;t use it for gaming.

Please help me out guys.

Thanks a lot,

Cheers,
GR

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
You can use software to adjust the fan speed. If you use evga precision or rivatuner you can set the fan speed to what ever you desire. Rivatuner allows you to set profiles so that at certain temp, the card will change the fan speed to what ever you set it to.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a software called Winfast Winfox 3.0 by Leadtek. I used that software.

In that program, if I select in Fan Speed, Auto then the fan speed does not increase beyond 40%. But if I select manual then I am able to adjust fan speed myself.

But there is another problem. As soon as the temperature (GPU) reaches around 64-65 celcius, there is a beep from my graphics card.

Now it should not beep at that temperature. Moreover in the winfast winfox program the warning temperature is set at 90C but still the card beeps in the mid sixties. What should I do ?

·
4kfan
4,228 Posts
get evga precision and set the fan like at 80% but this cards are made to run warm.. 80*c is not going to bust anything they are ment to run that hot.

·
Registered
600 Posts
80C is not overheating, 90C is not even overheating. It sounds more like a power issue, they way you describe the card beeping. I remember once taking the 6 pin extra connector out of my old 8800GT while I had the card out for cleaning and forgot to put it back in before booting up. It simply beeped at me.

Now, your PSU seems to be good enough, unless it can't provide the +12V current needed by the 275.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The PSU is okay. Thats why I got a good PSU. And my components are new. So dust cannot be an issue. I dunno why the card is beeping at 60-65C.

And the card beeps only If I run a game or so and not otherwise.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
phew, problem solved.

I did some testing and solved the issue. This is what I did -

- I carried my CPU Case to my office. Here I ran the game and hope to hear the beep which I have been talking about.

- Surprising this time my GTX 275 did not beep and things went on okay.

- I carried my rig/case back home and this time I tried it without my home UPS. It worked fine. And when I tried it using my UPS it started to beep as the game ran.

- I checked my APC ups and it said 300watt. And in my system I am using a 600watt smps.

Conclusion: My 600 Watt cooler master PSU does support inspite of giving [email protected] rail. The problem was my UPS which is of 500 watt. I just need a more power UPS. Rest all is okay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts