Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
I think you will be "fine".
As stated I doubt it would be considered ideal.
I ran an OCed Q6600 and a highly OCed GTX280 on an RX360 with 3 really crappy fans. My CPU temps were awesome, and my GPU temps were pretty sweet, about the same IDLING, but the delta between idle/load was waaaay smaller. Which is the point of WCing a GPU, in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I think samster's avatar should come with an epileptic attack warning.

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
Right now I'm running my 550be and gtx 260 of an mcr220. I had the 550be unlocked and running at 3.7ghz folding on all 4 cores and the gtx 260 folding as well. I really can't tell the temp on the 550be when unlocked, but the gpu temp went up about 3°C from when it was in my other computer running off a triple rad. The double also has two cheap fans where as the triple had push/pull. Keep in mind, the processor in the old rig was at stock voltage and always idling.

I think that it should be fine only using a double rad. Temps could be better with more surface area, but it won't be completely horrible with a dual.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
That's not true. I just mounted my new WC with Feser Xcharger 240 + Two Gelid 120mm UV Blue fans and my CPU temp in stock is 28, for GPU is 37. In stress I have 46 on CPU and 48 on GPU. So don't listen to them, triple radiator is more expensive and You'll don't see any changes :/ OCd my Phenom II X4 to 3.86GHz for now with 1.47v, so I think my temps are really good

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sp4wners
View Post

That's not true. I just mounted my new WC with Feser Xcharger 240 + Two Gelid 120mm UV Blue fans and my CPU temp in stock is 28, for GPU is 37. In stress I have 46 on CPU and 48 on GPU. So don't listen to them, triple radiator is more expensive and You'll don't see any changes :/ OCd my Phenom II X4 to 3.86GHz for now with 1.47v, so I think my temps are really good

that depends.. u'll see a lot of difference with an i7 (from dual to triple rad), and fans is a factor too.. anything less than 50CFM probably aint good/bad at dissipating heat..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts