Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i had a problem today maybe you guys know what caused this

my pc crashed earlier while just being on windows and firefox crashed 2 times so i decided to restart as my system didnt rly respond anymore and when it was loading again my screen stayed black and do nothing however the system did start up normal because i could hear sound also just no screen:confused:

ive tested everything on stability it was all stable so yeah hope you guys can help me out

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Have you swapped video cards to confirm it's dead? I'd try and swap it out with a good video card and see if it works. The other thing is, try and boot into safe mode and see if the monitor has an image. It could have just been the driver freaking out.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i left it off for a while with the cable unplugged for 15 mins turned monitor off and when i tryed to turn it on again still no signal but as soon as i turned PC off and my monitor also and turned them both on again it worked again?? how this can happen :S

·
Performance is the bible
7,190 Posts
Could be a bad card, could be you OCed it badly, could be the monitor, could be the cable, could be the OS.

Kinda hard to tell you without you putting a different GPU there and see if it works, or put your GPU in a friend's computer and test it there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts