Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello OCN,
For a month or two now, I've noticed that when I listen to music (usually itunes but sometimes media player too) on my pc the music skips and stops for a splits second every 10-20 seconds. It is very irritating. I only just got onto trouble shooting it today, and luckily found the problem quite quickly.

The issue lies with the downclocking while on desktop. I have listened to music while playing dirt 2 and the sound was absolutely fine. I also tried the sound with my old card (hd 4850) for 20 mins and there was not one crackle/skip.

Currently I have set my card to permanently 650Mhz core and similar clock for memory, which seems to have stopped the problem. However, I would very much like to know if there is any other way around this because it would be nice to save a bit of power with the GTX 460's super downclocks.

This regards my sig rig btw so you can see what it consists of.

Has anyone else had this happen to their music playback? Or suggestions to what is the actual reason for the skips/interruptions in the sound?

Oh and before someone says the music files themselves may be bad, they are all fine - they work on my ipod fine. And also, the speakers are ruled out as the same thing happens when I plug headphones in.

Sorry for the essay on the subject and thank for your help!

EDIT: ok the sound is still skipping/interrupting when clocks are at 650Mhz/850Mhz

EDIT2: scrap that, the clocks just automatically went down again.

EDIT3: Ok for some reason it is now not skipping/interrupting yet it's on minimum clocks... Lets just say I have no idea what is happening, and see if you have any suggestions

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFPS View Post
Yes others are having problems. It's due to the hdmi snd chip on your video card.
If your not using hdmi snd? Just go to your windows snd ctrl panel in window ctrl panel and disable nvidia hdmi snd.
Thanks for the reply, but my hdmi out is already disabled
, along with all other output sources excluding my sound card's output. That is if I understood you correctly and looked into 'Sounds\\playback' yes?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by LethalRise750 View Post
It also seems to be from high DPC Latency sometimes. Try getting 260.63 Drivers if you haven't already. They're supposed to fix this issue.
ok Downloading now, will post results. Thanks

EDIT: lol i downloaded the 32bit version

downloading correct version now

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I've got the new drivers. I think it's ok so far, as I may have heard one flicker a min ago. DPC latency checker

I am having DPC latency checker running for a while to see if there are any issues arising there. will update if all is under control

EDIT:well I've had DPC latency checker running for 1 hour and highest peak is 451us. Sound has been fine throughout too. Thanks guys! + rep

1 - 6 of 6 Posts