Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for waterblocks for a pair of Gigabyte GTX460 OC's. Will the ek 460 block fit? Its not on the compatible page but i didnt think there were any non reference pcbs out yet.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
There is not and I doubt there will be in full cover blocks. Are yours non-ref? I would take a close look at yours compared to some pics of ref cards and check. The "lists" are often incomplete. If you are non-ref, you would need a universal and memsinks.

·
Super Moderator
19,300 Posts
Gigabyte, like PaLit, exclusively uses non-reference boards for GTX460s. If you can't cancel the order, you'd have to use a universal block.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so Im gonna ring the shop first thing when I wake up in the morning and see if they can swap the cards for a different brand, it would be easier than swapping out waterblocks and finding memsinks as I think that may push me over my budget.

Also how useful are the backplates?
Do the mem chips on GTX 460's get that hot to need them? My dads GTX 280's get warm with the backplate on.

EDIT~ Spoke to Scan UK, there gonna swap my Gigabyte ones out for a pair of EVGA 460 SC's, ek's site shows them as being compatible and they were the cheapest ones supported.
Also ordered two backplates.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
I already tried the Full coverage and a Universal block and they did not fit the holes on my Gigabyte are just to far away

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive got a pair of the eVga cards.
Love them, folding away at about 14-15k a day each @ 33'c

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im using the GTX460-FC and backplates made by EK.

They fit perfectly, no problems at all

Im using the EVGA SC 1GB card (01g-p3-1373-er).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts