Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am finding some ludicrously cheap gpus on ebay. Ive never actually bough anything from there, but if the person selling has good customer reviews and stuff, do you think its ok to buy from them? I mean, why on earth would they sell it for that little? If any of you have experience with this type of thing i would love to hear it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,204 Posts
If it's an auction, it'll end around the price 470s sell for. It probably started at 99 cents or something.

People some people go as far as to end the auction if the price isn't satisfactory enough for them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,635 Posts
are you new to ebay?

there's a difference between an auction and buy it now sale

auctions will go up in price until they end
buy it now is instant payment
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya, thats what i thought. Thanks for the input though! I would give you rep, but im somewhat new to these forums, and i dont know if this is an appropriate time to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:


Originally Posted by skarm
View Post

are you new to ebay?

there's a difference between an auction and buy it now sale

auctions will go up in price until they end
buy it now is instant payment

Ya, since im only thirteen, my parents actually havent let me buy anything used online before.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,749 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by xsubwayeatfleshx
View Post

Ya, thats what i thought. Thanks for the input though! I would give you rep, but im somewhat new to these forums, and i dont know if this is an appropriate time to.

It is certainly an appropriate time to. These folks helped you and answered your question, that deserves rep.
 

·
Artist
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by xsubwayeatfleshx
View Post

Ok, I am finding some ludicrously cheap gpus on ebay. Ive never actually bough anything from there, but if the person selling has good customer reviews and stuff, do you think its ok to buy from them? I mean, why on earth would they sell it for that little? If any of you have experience with this type of thing i would love to hear it.

Make sure you check the cost of the shipping. They try to fool you by setting it at a really low price, then included alllllllllll the rest of the value in the shipping fee.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by F1ForFrags
View Post

It is certainly an appropriate time to. These folks helped you and answered your question, that deserves rep.


^This. Anytime someone answers your question you can dish out the rep.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Should the same be thought of $30 5770's?
 

·
Artist
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by xsubwayeatfleshx
View Post

Should the same be thought of $30 5770's?

Post a link to whatever bid you're looking at. I would love to see this.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,988 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top