Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just went through a build, on my very last step of placing in the video card which is a gigabyte gtx 470. The card doesn't fit close enough over the back of the case to screw it in. I'm wondering if this is a case issue. If the standoffs were made just a tad closer it would fit fine. Has anyone heard of this type of problem with gigabyte cards or the Antec 900 case. The Antec 900 was purchased 2 years ago, i'm not sure if that matters or not. Here is a pic I found of someone with the same case, same problem. Just looking for feedback on how common of a problem this is.

Also have a look at the picture right underneath the card where the motherboard meets the back of the case, is this gap too large? I have a gap about the same size.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had the same problem with my antec 900, but managed to get it screwed in. Just use a small amount of force. =] My old 8800 fit in it just fine, so I don't know.. I'm pretty sure it's the case's fault, otherwise we would have heard from everyone else with 470's mentioning it

·
Registered
401 Posts
This is a case issue I assume I too have a gigabyte gtx 470 and it fits well in my 690 II advance case

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I had my roommate shove in the back on the case I was able to screw it in, but then the entire back of the case has a huge bulge and it just looks like its going to rip in half or tear the plate off the gtx 470, it just seems to require too much force to be considered safe.

·
Premium Member
25,202 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JustFinished
View Post

When I had my roommate shove in the back on the case I was able to screw it in, but then the entire back of the case has a huge bulge and it just looks like its going to rip in half or tear the plate off the gtx 470, it just seems to require too much force to be considered safe.

You can try this, remove the circled screws.
Oh yeah, you'd also have to remove the screw that's fastened directly into the pcb.

Attachment 162498

Also is the card seating fully like that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had some old pci cards sitting arround and they don't reach the back of the case properly either. The only two possibilities are that the holes in the case where not drilled close enough to the back, or the mobo holes are offset, however I highly doubt that it's the mobo as the design of it has more quality control than a 60$ case would.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts