Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Gigabyte 470 Super Overclock to SLI along with MSI 470 that came with my rig. Anyways just had a couple of questions. My power supply is 750W and I was told to SLI two 470 cards would be fine but would need to upgrade my power supply if I were to add a 3rd (which I find unnecessary). My question(s) are:

Whats the best program to overclock?

What would be a good overclock setting on each card so I dont go over the 750 power supply?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
348 Posts
what kind of power supply are we talking? because your overclock may push it close.. and btw MSI Afterburner is the way to go

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i purchased a acer predator g7750 so its the 750w that came with it but i know i can add a second just wanted to know how far i can OC each

liquid cooling should also help the heat

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I don't know what power supply comes with an acer predator but if it is a generic one I would not trust it too much, Maybe keep an overclock of 700 on the core? (Might need to bump up the voltage a bit ... possibly up to 1000)(1v)

If you said you had a Corsaie 750w or something i would say to you go ahead and overclock as much as you can !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts