Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been talking about getting a second one on the forums lately. I am going to be waiting until a price drop but if I am only OC'ing my cpu for now(I think I am fine for that with my H50) do you think I can run 2 480's stock without a cooler in the haf x? What are your opinions?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by theyedi View Post
they move a lot of air out the back so I don't see why not
I hope I do not need one. Just takes up space and money, but if a lot of people think I do need something then I will end up doing it most likely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
2nd GTX 480 will add considerable noise in your setup, so have that in mind before you order. Fermi is built to weather high temperature, as long as you don't plan to overclock these GPUs you will be fine.
Haf X is awesome.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by theyedi View Post
why would you get another one if you think it would be a waste of money
I am talking about for the coolers.

@ cy07: Yah, I love the Haf X. I might OC them someday but I only need to OC cpu for now.

btw: any tips on silencing these?

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
I don't get why you'd think you need a different CPU cooler (is that what you're saying?) just because you switch to two 480's? The H5O is fine, that's what I'm running, and I have SLI 470's.

If you're not talking about CPU cooler, what do you even mean by 'a cooler in the HAF-X'?

You already have the Classy which allows good spacing between cards, and you have the HAF-X which has tons of cooling capability specifically for Fermi cards ... you're basically all set up to go SLI 480's

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was saying I don't plan on OC'ing the 480's only my cpu and I was saying I m pretty sure I am fine with my h50 and then asked since I am not OC'ing my 480's if I needed extra cooling for them, because I know the Haf X is a great case.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by levontraut View Post
well i had just the haf 932 and it brought my temps down by almost 20 degree cell. and the haf X is a lot more efficent. so it should be fine.
Is what with 1 or in SLI?

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Extra cooling for the 480's? Like what? I don't get what you're asking about

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Like if I need a gpu cooler or extra fans in case, watercooling, whatever it takes, but it soubds I will be fine when I get a second one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts