Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i am ordering a gtx 570 this coming Friday. I cant really make up my mind. I want a good warranty and a good overclock-er. I don't want to spend a whole hell of a lot more than 350$. I can give in 10$ 20$ bucks but i don't really want to. I have found a few but need some input. Here is what i have come up with so far.

http://www.amazon.com/MSI-PCI-Express-N570GTX-TWIN-FROZR/dp/B004SAO0Z4]Amazon.com: MSI nVidia GeForce GTX570 Twin Frozr II OC 1280MB DDR5 2DVI/Mini HDMI PCI-Express Video Card N570GTX TWIN FROZR II/OC: Electronics[/URL]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130684&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Video+Cards-_-EVGA-_-14130684

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130620&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Video+Cards-_-EVGA-_-14130620

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121432&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Video+Cards-_-ASUS-_-14121432

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162075&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Video+Cards-_-Galaxy-_-14162075

i love the fans on the twin frozr II but i also love the warranty of the evga. I need some help here. If anyone can find anything better, with-in my price range i am willing to take a look. I really want to order from some where reliable as well though. I try to stick with well known companies like newegg. If anyone could lend me a hand i would be very thankful.
 

·
Overclocked
Joined
·
3,924 Posts
Asus GTX 570 is the best. It has a custom PCB & more VRMs/better quality . And it is much reliable than reference design. No idea about GTX 570 HD though.
If you can find Twin Frozr III it will be better than all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
I love the EVGA DS design. For $339 it's a really good price. With EVGA not only are you getting warranty but awesome customer support.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,858 Posts
First, reference 570s I would not recommend buying. This leaves you with three options: Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II, MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III, or Palit Sonic Platinum GTX 570. Out of those I would go with the Twin Frozr III, but it's a bit expensive. That being said, go with the Asus if you can handle a 3 slot card. It's actually a very good deal (I assume price will go up later since it's a week end special) especially with the rebate. It has an improved PCB that will let you tweak voltage and OC without worrying about your card blowing up.

3 year warranty is fine with Asus, and at least if you resell it the warranty will transfer, not like EVGA where warranty is non transferable and only for the original owner. Some people argue that reference 570s are fine, but I say why take the gamble. Snag the Asus 570 DCII while it's on sale for such a good price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125382

I ordered the twin frozr 3 but now its out of stock , I feel like killing myself now , should have took this Gigabyte instead to go along with my Gigabyte mb . Check out the awesome pcb , similar to the lightning . I hope my twin frozr 3 breaks so I can rma it and get this one .

I would basicly take that card and slow it down a little cuz my power supply is tight , to about 770 like my twin frozr 3 , wich is running super nice @ 916 mv and stock 770/1540/2000

It oozes with quality parts , see this video the card is awesome .

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Viv07hlrMT0[/ame]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow everyone keeps telling me the 570 keeps burning out. Is this true should i reconsider just get the best 560ti money can buy. I have a pny 560ti but am taking it back for full refund. Its a great card but i don't want pny for 1 and for 2 i want a little more power. Thats were the gtx 570 caught my attention. I just don't want to buy one and have it take a **** one me. So i want to be sure that if i go with gtx 570 i want to know that its has good quality parts that will take a little ocing and not burn out on me in a month or two.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,892 Posts
Why are you so compelled to sell this Gigabyte card to everyone? They paying you some commission off those sales? If the card was good, it would be talked about around here more often. You telling us how much better YOU think it is, doesn't magically make it a superior card.. As for those 14 power phases your about to talk about , simply put ... Quality > Quantity. Ive taken a 570 past 1 ghz on the stock 4 phases...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by upload420;14155506
wow everyone keeps telling me the 570 keeps burning out. Is this true should i reconsider just get the best 560ti money can buy. I have a pny 560ti but am taking it back for full refund. Its a great card but i don't want pny for 1 and for 2 i want a little more power. Thats were the gtx 570 caught my attention. I just don't want to buy one and have it take a **** one me. So i want to be sure that if i go with gtx 570 i want to know that its has good quality parts that will take a little ocing and not burn out on me in a month or two.
Did you completely read over my post? Please read it, because there are 3 cards (and I guess the Gigabyte 570 SOC) that have absolutely no risk of blowing up which I gave to you as a suggestion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so those cards u mentioned have no/little risk of blowing up on me. i really like the msi twin froz 3. Just looks nice. The asus dcII is more in my price range though plus that is same brand as my mobo. The only other reason i would go with the asus is cause the msi is out of stock.

what about the twin frozr II is that any good cause that is closer to what i want to spend and it looks even better than the frozr III(looks wise anyways)

the other thing about the asus is it takes up 3 slots. That puts a damper on sli for me. I can handle 2 slots with ease but 3 wouldn't leave much room for airflow between the two cards. I am not dead set on sli cause i plan on going kepler when it comes out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by upload420;14155637
so those cards u mentioned have no/little risk of blowing up on me. i really like the msi twin froz 3. Just looks nice. The asus dcII is more in my price range though plus that is same brand as my mobo. The only other reason i would go with the asus is cause the msi is out of stock.

what about the twin frozr II is that any good cause that is closer to what i want to spend and it looks even better than the frozr III
Yes the cards I mentioned have zero possibility.

The 570 Twin Frozr II is just a reference card with an aftermarket heatsink, unlike the Twin Frozr III which has an improved PCB. As long as you are doing moderate overclocking and nothing extreme then go for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well in that case i have my eyes on the twin frozr III if i can ever find one. I tried looking around but just can't seem to find one in stock. Man i might have to settle with the Gigabyte 570 SOC. That looks solid but i have had MSI graphic cards in the past and they have all been great. If anyone know were to get a Twin frozr III please post, i would be so thankful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well in that case i have my eyes set on the twin frozr III. That is if i can find one. Just looked every were online, cant find one. If i can't find one with in a week or so i might have to settle on the gigabyte 570 soc. That looks like a very solid card but i have had a MSI gpu in the past and loved it. If anyone stumbles upon a twin frozr III please post a link. I would be so grateful. I guess i have about a week before i get paid so i might get lucky.

sry about the double post didn't see the first thought my browser was acting up lol....
 

·
Not having a good time
Joined
·
2,395 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Dopamin3
View Post

First, reference 570s I would not recommend buying. This leaves you with three options: Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II, MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III, or Palit Sonic Platinum GTX 570. Out of those I would go with the Twin Frozr III, but it's a bit expensive. That being said, go with the Asus if you can handle a 3 slot card. It's actually a very good deal (I assume price will go up later since it's a week end special) especially with the rebate. It has an improved PCB that will let you tweak voltage and OC without worrying about your card blowing up.

3 year warranty is fine with Asus, and at least if you resell it the warranty will transfer, not like EVGA where warranty is non transferable and only for the original owner. Some people argue that reference 570s are fine, but I say why take the gamble. Snag the Asus 570 DCII while it's on sale for such a good price.

What he said is true, Those reference cards have a notoriously high rate of Failure when tweaking or Overclocking. If I may redirect you to this thread if you still plan to get any GTX 570

How not to fry your GTX570: LINK
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top