Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came home from work and went to play some BC2 and seconds into the match I'm getting this crap. I restarted and still was there during the game. Uninstalled drivers and re-installed the latest drivers. Rebooted and still the same stuff

My GTX 580 is less than a month old, never been overclocked, and all stock hsf. I've been playing 1920x1080 with max settings since I got it and never had a problem. GPU utilization is around 75-80% and max gpu temp was 81c.

Everything else works fine and I don't have any other games installed to test out.

Is it up for an RMA or something else I'm clueless about?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Looks to be artifacting pretty bad there... Looks to be an RMA jobby, however if you can grab another game or download unigine or 3D mark and run the free test that will tell you for sure.

P.S.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacegoast
View Post

Install another game and see if it does the same. Maybe try putting it in another pci-e slot too.

Love the avatar Shame that series ended up the Maka show

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jammo2k5
View Post

Looks to be artifacting pretty bad there... Looks to be an RMA jobby, however if you can grab another game or download unigine or 3D mark and run the free test that will tell you for sure.

P.S.

Love the avatar Shame that series ended up the Maka show

+1 on this post. (In all aspects, SE ending was horrid, The Kid was much cooler ;D)

·
Premium Member
32,941 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sistum Id
View Post

I'll try another game.

Good idea.

The way those screens look, it appears to be artifacting. If it happens in another game, then its time to send that puppy in for RMA.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have similar issues if not the exact same issue w/ artifacting. I also have the exact same card without an OC.
I'm currently with the latest release drivers and have to uninstall and resinstall like 3x to get it to stop. This will work for about 2-4 weeks then I have to rinse and repeat. The "driver not responding" message appears during this problem for me also.

·
Premium Member
32,941 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mighty Neph
View Post

I have similar issues if not the exact same issue w/ artifacting. I also have the exact same card without an OC.
I'm currently with the latest release drivers and have to uninstall and resinstall like 3x to get it to stop. This will work for about 2-4 weeks then I have to rinse and repeat. The "driver not responding" message appears during this problem for me also.

If you've been using the "Clean Install" option in the drivers, I'd say its a bad card.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had Battlefield Hero's that I installed few days ago (and quit) I tried it out and it was fine. I than installed Civilization V and put @ max. It was fine as well. I got BFBC2 from steam. How do I uninstall BC2 and reinstall it with-out having to redownload the whole game? Is this possible?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I had Battlefield Hero's that I installed few days ago (and quit) I tried it out and it was fine. I than installed Civilization V and put @ max. It was fine as well. I got BFBC2 from steam. How do I uninstall BC2 and reinstall it with-out having to redownload the whole game? Is this possible?

Right click on the game in steam and select properties, then find an option to verify games files.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jammo2k5
View Post

Right click on the game in steam and select properties, then find an option to verify games files.

Backup game files? or Verify integrity of game cache?

·
Premium Member
32,941 Posts
Quote:

View Post

If you want to reinstall the game, you'll need to run the backup utility (right click the game, select backup, choose your options). Then delete all local content when you're done. Then run the backup to restore it.

Or you can just verify the game integrity as mentioned above.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
View Post

If you want to reinstall the game, you'll need to run the backup utility (right click the game, select backup, choose your options). Then delete all local content when you're done. Then run the backup to restore it.

Or you can just verify the game integrity as mentioned above.

Oh okay, I'm 4 minutes left into backing up. What does the game integrity check do?

·
Premium Member
32,941 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Oh okay, I'm 4 minutes left into backing up. What does the game integrity check do?

It checks that all the game files are the right files, and that they were copied correctly.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

View Post

It checks that all the game files are the right files, and that they were copied correctly.

You're smart, I like you. You're decent when you're not running around craming mechanical keyboards down peoples throat.

While I'm waiting, I see you're from Yakima. I have a buddy and ex gf that live in Wenatchee. I partied in Elinsberg or however you spell. Goodtimes!!

·
Premium Member
32,941 Posts
Quote:

View Post

You're smart, I like you. You're decent when you're not running around craming mechanical keyboards down peoples throat.

While I'm waiting, I see you're from Yakima. I have a buddy and ex gf that live in Wenatchee. I partied in Elinsberg or however you spell. Goodtimes!!

Err?

I've only suggested to one person about a mechanical keyboard so far. And that's only because they're a great keyboard.....

And yeah, both of those cities are within very close driving distance.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

View Post

Err?

I've only suggested to one person about a mechanical keyboard so far. And that's only because they're a great keyboard.....

And yeah, both of those cities are within very close driving distance.

My imagination I guess.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Reinstall the game as others suggested, remembering to delete the BFBC2 folder in documents. Also try different driver versions as well as the default drivers fromy our card's CD
If not, it's time to bake or RMA.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.