Votes: 64 86.5%
  • gtx 590

Votes: 10 13.5%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What you have more like, i gtx 580 sli , becouse have better performance, and can be easier oc.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
590 is better bang-for-buck but 580 SLI of course performs better.

·
Premium Member
6,404 Posts
590 is cheaper than a pair of 580s,it is quieter and is a single card. Those there are the ONLY good things about it. In every single other way, a pair of 580s kicks the 590 to the moon and back with one SLI bridge tied behind it's back.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
2x gtx580 is the clear winner,
gtx590 have some heat issues,
get msi gtx580 lightning ($525 newegg)
its the best gtx580 (even better than evga gtx580 hydro copper2) out in the market,
hope u like my suggestion

·
Premium Member
7,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket;13125719
2x gtx580 is the clear winner,
gtx590 have some heat issues,
get msi gtx580 lightning ($525 newegg)
its the best gtx580 (even better than evga gtx580 hydro copper2) out in the market,
hope u like my suggestion
Incorrect.

580 is the winner in performance.
590 is the winner in heat (has NO heat issues)

If you're looking to SLI for performance 580 3gb's are coming out in a weekish, I'd buy those.

If you're looking for a single card solution, the 590 is your winner.

Also, 2x590's slightly beat 3x580's and actually cost 100$ less so, keep that in mind.

The 590 is also extremely limited and the staggered release, to my knowledge, is coming to a close so, get them while you're can if you're interested.

And MSI's 580 is NOT better than EVGA's, it's OC'd at stock in the Bios...Something a child could easily accomplish on any 580.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked;13125791
Incorrect.

580 is the winner in performance.
590 is the winner in heat (has NO heat issues)

If you're looking to SLI for performance 580 3gb's are coming out in a weekish, I'd buy those.

If you're looking for a single card solution, the 590 is your winner.

Also, 2x590's slightly beat 3x580's and actually cost 100$ less so, keep that in mind.

The 590 is also extremely limited and the staggered release, to my knowledge, is coming to a close so, get them while you're can if you're interested.

And MSI's 580 is NOT better than EVGA's, it's OC'd at stock in the Bios...Something a child could easily accomplish on any 580.
3x gtx580 (3gpu) vs 2x gtx590 (4gpu)!!
Thats not fair,
compare 4x gtx580 with 2x gtx590,
the former would destroy 2x gtx590,
dont bring money into concern because enthusiasts dont care for money,they just want the best
note: many OCN members who owns gtx590 have complained about its heat issues,
try to accept the hard truth,
msi gtx580 lightning is the best single gpu card,
I've nothing against evga,I love their cards very much

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I have seen some pretty intensive benchmarks with all the new Nvidia and AMD cards, sli GTX 580s are way better then 590... go with that ^_^

Edit:
Quote:
Thats not fair,
dont bring money into concern because enthusiasts dont care for money,they just want the best
note: many OCN members who owns gtx590 have complained about its heat issues
SLI scaling starts to drop after 3 so 4 gpus wont perform so well and you will need a pretty high res to even use up all that power. 2500 res or w/e with 3 cards is enough.

·
✾ ✿ ❀ ❁
8,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket;13125939
Thats not fair,
Masked actually owns (indirectly or directly) several 590's and 580's so I am sure he would know better
tongue.gif

The lightening is better, due to its buffed PCB and overall design and quality. But MSI ref and EVGA ref are exactly the same, heck all the ref 580's are exactly the same.

·
Premium Member
7,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealex132;13126058
Masked actually owns (indirectly or directly) several 590's and 580's so I am sure he would know better
tongue.gif

The lightening is better, due to its buffed PCB and overall design and quality. But MSI ref and EVGA ref are exactly the same, heck all the ref 580's are exactly the same.
We have to have at least 1 of every card in our systems...plus whatever the "kids" want in the office...

590 owners are NOT having heat issues, there are no reports of such on [H], here or Evga...So unfortunately, I'm going to shoot that down as 100% bull****.

That being said, scaling craps after 3 slots...So, 2x590s DO and will beat 3x580's however, as Alex so politely pointed out, unless you're rocking surround, it really doesn't matter.

Also, who's to say if he's an enthusiast or not?

2x cards generate less heat than 3x cards and if he had them on liquid, OC'ing 2 cards in a loop is a significantly different delta than 3.

I stand by my original statement.

P.S. 5 users complaining about heat, doesn't mean the 590's are having heat issues, that means 5 people's cases, aren't properly rigged for air
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked;13126158

That being said, scaling craps after 3 slots...So, 2x590s DO and will beat 3x580's however, as Alex so politely pointed out, unless you're rocking surround, it really doesn't matter.
Even is 3+ SLI/xfire did crap out at or past 3 cards it still performs exceptionally well. Though I do agree that heat will be an issue, but 3 cards is all I believe is all that is needed imo.

36516.png

Sli scaling
Metro 2033 (1=>2 cards)63% (2=>3)124% (1=>3)202%

This is just metro, there are other games that scale VERY well with 3 cards

·
✾ ✿ ❀ ❁
8,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked;13126158
P.S. 5 users complaining about heat, doesn't mean the 590's are having heat issues, that means 5 people's cases, aren't properly rigged for air
biggrin.gif
This. I bet they never realised that a fan blowing onto the rear of the 590 will degrade it's performance, causing a struggle between the air exhausting from the 590 and the fan. 590 and 6990 need a whole new fan arrangement normally.

3way/4way SLi is really not too good for people other than extreme enthusiasts with lots of money and benchmarkers.

Working where you do must be awesome >_>
What do you actually do in a normal day?

·
✾ ✿ ❀ ❁
8,395 Posts
You should see his total amounts, he's done like 7 x vs y threads and half of those have been posted twice by him

·
Registered
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealex132;13126824
You should see his total amounts, he's done like 7 x vs y threads and half of those have been posted twice by him
Perhaps he works for a Survey Company?

On topic though, I just bought 2x 580 and never looked back.

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket;13125939
Thats not fair,
no one cares...

why would you even need Quad SLI GTX580?!?

they guy is asking whether to buy SLI GTX580 or a single GTX590.

·
✾ ✿ ❀ ❁
8,395 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mexer
View Post

What mean OP?

Original Poster

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi im new to this I dont know alot about computers I just want a graphics card that will make my games look good for the next few years
I just bought a dell xps 8300 about 2 weeks ago im on a budget and at the time this was right for me .Its not a gaming case from what I understand
anyways here is my question if I buy a gtx 590 will it fit and will a cosair 850 watt psu fit as well I really want to make this purchase if its able to work .I know im in the wrong thread probally but I would appreacaite it if anyone could email me at [email protected] if they could figure out the specs and let me know if this will work .I dont want to do sli or any crazy overclocking I just want a nice card and I dont want to order all this if it wont fit in fear I wont beable to return thx

·
Registered
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by layikblackmore;13721137
Hi im new to this I dont know alot about computers I just want a graphics card that will make my games look good for the next few years
I just bought a dell xps 8300 about 2 weeks ago im on a budget and at the time this was right for me .Its not a gaming case from what I understand
anyways here is my question if I buy a gtx 590 will it fit and will a cosair 850 watt psu fit as well I really want to make this purchase if its able to work .I know im in the wrong thread probally but I would appreacaite it if anyone could email me at [email protected] if they could figure out the specs and let me know if this will work .I dont want to do sli or any crazy overclocking I just want a nice card and I dont want to order all this if it wont fit in fear I wont beable to return thx
Rest assured, your Corsair 850w is more than enough to handle the single GTX 590. As for the case, just take a look and measure it yourself. The GTX 590 is 11 inch long, you should be able to figure it out yourself!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts