Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
GFX enthusiast
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These new 600 series cards are giving me a headache. Benching etc is fine, when going to play games like Call Of Duty Black Ops the GTX 670's (all 3) down clocks to 324mhz core and 600mhz something on the ram when I'm in the game menu making everything sluggish ad chunky. The loading a save game the core/ram speeds fluctuate between 324~660mhz core and and 1000-2000mhz memory. It causes a real sluggish gameplay. I check the speeds with MSI Afterburner and usign forceware 301.42. The temps are around 60*c.

When I run Heaven 3.0, 3dmark11 the Mhz are correct and boost on the GPU core and all is fine an dandy.
I'm thinking either of going back to GTX 580 (still have 2 cards, sold 1 one so i jus need another 2nd hand)....or going AMD.

Any GTX600 series owners who have experience this behavior ? it's frankly very annoying:mad:

·
Overclocked
3,988 Posts

·
GFX enthusiast
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessKnight View Post

Sorry to hear you have problems with your new cards.
Try this. Go to Nvidia Control Panel ----> Manage 3D Settings ----> Power management mode to "prefer maximum performance" instead of "adaptive".
If that doesn't work try the latest WHQL driver 306.23
http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/nvidia_geforce_306_23_whql_64_bit.html
Hmm all these new power saving techs just mess up everything. why can they just have two power states - idle and max power.

I installed Forceware 306.23 again and it seems to work now with all cards running at 915MHz.
I just have to settle with the fact that this driver is better for games than benchmarks.. (got 500point better GPU score in 3Dmark11 with the 301.42 driver) - then again it's the games that matter
redface.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.