Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey
i am trying to get rid of my 7850 and i want to upgrade my GPU to something better
i was thinking about 2x 680 lighting or one titan[yea i cannot afford 2 titans]
so which one is better to get?
Thanks!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by borkaman View Post

hey
i am trying to get rid of my 7850 and i want to upgrade my GPU to something better
i was thinking about 2x 680 lighting or one titan[yea i cannot afford 2 titans]
so which one is better to get?
Thanks!
Normally i'd say " since you can do it with one card no need to get two cards " but the titan is really overpriced and the 680's really do scale well in SLI , if you can get two 680's 4GB for really cheap i don't see why not to do it! But if they cost an arm and a leg better go with the titan ( damn 6GB ) I'd recommend the 7970 but the AMD CF scales really bad and there is always terrible screen tearing !
2cents.gif

Edit : Scratch the 680's , go for two 670's 4GB cards and you'll thank me later!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justhavocman View Post

Normally i'd say " since you can do it with one card no need to get two cards " but the titan is really overpriced and the 680's really do scale well in SLI , if you can get two 680's 4GB for really cheap i don't see why not to do it! But if they cost an arm and a leg better go with the titan ( damn 6GB ) I'd recommend the 7970 but the AMD CF scales really bad and there is always terrible screen tearing !
2cents.gif

Edit : Scratch the 680's , go for two 670's 4GB cards and you'll thank me later!
The thing is as 4GB only zotac is avaiable and its kinda cheap...in my country they dont sell 4gb lighting version forget about CF i heard alot of problems with it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As i can see gigabyte gtx 680 OC[the one with 3 fans]is the most cheapest...is there any difference between this and the lighting one?if i am getting 2x of gigabyte it will be ok?am i losing any performance?

·
Pinoy po mga koya
7,528 Posts
i was in the same boat as you are just a few days ago. I had a single palit.gtx 680 Jetstream. I couldn't SLi it because it was 3 slots (it would fit but airflow wouldn't be ideal) so I opted for a geforce Titan upgrade. never really planned on going 680 SLI but a friend's friend was selling his two evga 680's 2gb superclocked for 700bucks (which is really cheap from where I'm from) I jumped into it and bought both cards. now I have a gtx 680 sitting here in my desk right now. hopefully I can sell it asap.

two 680's are beasts. overclocked it to 1280MHz and it literally smashed every game I had at 1920x1200.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by villain View Post

There's really no point in getting 4 GB cards over Lightnings when he plays on a single monitor at 1080p/1200p.
4GB is more future proof , heck , i'm extremely happy with my single 670 maxing out everything i throw at it! Op you will be extremely satisfied with your dual 680's regardless of brand
thumb.gif

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can anyone answer my question please?does it really matter which gpu brand to get?msi zotac gigabyte or what ever...or its just a gimick?

·
Pinoy po mga koya
7,528 Posts
Quote:

Can anyone answer my question please?does it really matter which gpu brand to get?msi zotac gigabyte or what ever...or its just a gimick?
all reference cards are the same. aftermarket cards are obviously better esp cards like twin frozr's, DC II's etc.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If i get 2x DCII over lightings will i lose any performance?because dcii version is cheaper then lighting versions about 100 bucks

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Quote:

If i get 2x DCII over lightings will i lose any performance?because dcii version is cheaper then lighting versions about 100 bucks
The question is, does your motherboard have a spacing to put those BIG 3 slot card?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Quote:

Hmm , if you get the non top dual slot versions then you're good to go
thumb.gif
My 670 Asus is whisper quiet and really cool
thumb.gif
You can always OC them and match the performance of any other card if you;re not satisfied with the kepler boost .

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justhavocman View Post

Hmm , if you get the non top dual slot versions then you're good to go
thumb.gif
My 670 Asus is whisper quiet and really cool
thumb.gif
You can always OC them and match the performance of any other card if you;re not satisfied with the kepler boost .
What do you mean non top dual slot version?you mean reference card?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts