Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Couple of EVGA GTX 680 SC's in SLI with XSPC Razor Gen 2 blocks on them in a custom loop, the temps max out @ 60c after 12 hours of Furmark yet they stubbornly refuse to stay stable even if I manually apply even just a 100MHz overclock to both the core and memory. I know they are capable of such a modest overclock since I can jack up the power limit to 132% and they reach such clocks when running 3DMark (2013) or running games such as Far Cry 3 or Crysis 3. I double checked the placement of the thermal pads and paste when I mounted the blocks, I even drained the loop and checked placement of the pads, paste and block again after leak testing the loop, the placement of the block, pads and paste are all where they should be. My PSU is a 3 year old Corsair HX850 Watt (OG) btw. Any suggestions as to why these 2 cards refuse to overclock ?

·
Premium Member
7,733 Posts
Now, I haven't really got round to my card yet but I remember trying a very quick overclock of just 100Mhz and it didn't run stable in game. I am going to confirm this later on tonight to see if I can make any more progress though.

·
Premium Member
10,885 Posts
The offset you put in is applied on top of whatever boos tthe card is already doing. So if the card boosts to 1150 with the 132% power target (as an example) then +100 will try to push the card to 1250, which may be too high. What is your actual load clock speed with the power target maxed? I would try to add an offset that takes that number to 1200 as a start, and then see where you can go from there - so if the load clock is 1150, try a +50 offset and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts