Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GPU on my old Q6600 pc that i have connected to my tv gave out a while back, have been using a 7800GT which really isnt all that great, old, crappy performance and loud as hell. Bought a used MSI GTX 760 that i wanted to use in it, but i have yet been able to make it work, the PSU in the machine is a 650W Rasurbo (http://www.rasurbo.com/RASURBO%202011%20eng/DLP651.html) which only has one PCI-E connector, that was the first problem, bought a molex to PCI-E cable, but again that doesnt work, when i try to power on the pc with the 760 in it, it just refuses to do anything, turn on that is
smile.gif

From what i have been able to read, the 760 should work in the machine, i mean it does have a 16x PCI-E lane, might be gen 1 or 2, but still, probably also gonna be quite bottlenecked by the CPU, but i got the card pretty cheap. Am i wrong here?

Also just to clarify, the card does work, i have had it in my main machine running a few benchmarks.

·
Cheapest Man On Earth
640 Posts
The only things I can think of are either 1 - BIOS setting causing issues, so perhaps clearing CMOS may help or 2 - perhaps it is an issue with output (resolution?). Have you tried moving the rig over to where your other machine is that the card functioned with and hook it up to that monitor or move that monitor to the rig? If it starts up with fans spinning and no beeps (do you have a speaker hooked up?) then it may be working and just not putting out a signal the TV can understand. Might be as simple as booting it up and changing the resolution. Removing the old drivers and installing new might also be needed. I guess the cable going to the TV could also be an issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts