Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

i have a very urgent question

my card lost the TDP limit i did flash the card with a modified bios
i did had some fun with 1.4 1.5 Ghz using soft voltmod

but now i want to get back my original bios

but My TDP always on 75-74 % with full 1.45 Ghz and 1.312 V
and fan speed at 9000 RPM
i'm confused please help should i RMA The Card ?

flashed to bios from msi Site

still the same ... RPM always at 9000-8800 TDP never been beyond 75% with 1.4 V and 1489 mhz core and 4005 Ram and this is not normal because the same with stock clock 75 % TDP ....
and now both card have the same TDP problem on original bios
under sli mod when i rapidly change multiple windows for a long period of time a small tearing appear always in the same position in the monitor number 4 for about 0.5 s or less i could not even record it with phone ....
no gaming problems no unigine valley bugs no furmark bugs
100 % OCCT tests for Gpu and VRam
i'm clueless about the rmp ... 9000 ... why ??

i have flashed both Gpu about 100-300 times ... i don't know anymore
Fans speed is unchangeable on First GPU
used bios , by loading card to max temps to change speed...
and the same with MSI AB evga X .... riva ... all tools
the fans runs quiet as a mouse
the other card is fine the fans boost up to 100 % when i set it .

i think My pwm circuit is dead ... Fan speed is always the same .... help ??

should i rma my video card??

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
redface.gif
. Hopefully something hasn't popped in the process of pushing your GPU way too far. Anyways, here are my suggestions.

Have you tried reconnecting the fan to make sure the connector is seated properly? Or checking to see if it's burnt in anyway (maybe with your nose)?
Have you tried switching it to different PCI-E slots? Maybe that makes a difference?
Have you tried moving it to another computer?
Does AB or EVGA PX have control of the fan? Maybe your fan curve is set too high?
Does the Graphics card immediately ramp up on fan speed as soon as you power on the PC, or does it start as soon as windows boots up?
Can you try this BIOS file?

GK104.zip 57k .zip file

BTW: what particular type of GPU do you have? Can you find a link online?

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungbenny911 View Post

redface.gif
. Hopefully something hasn't popped in the process of pushing your GPU way too far. Anyways, here are my suggestions.

Have you tried reconnecting the fan to make sure the connector is seated properly? Or checking to see if it's burnt in anyway (maybe with your nose)?
Have you tried switching it to different PCI-E slots? Maybe that makes a difference?
Have you tried moving it to another computer?
Does AB or EVGA PX have control of the fan? Maybe your fan curve is set too high?
Does the Graphics card immediately ramp up on fan speed as soon as you power on the PC, or does it start as soon as windows boots up?
Can you try this BIOS file?

GK104.zip 57k .zip file

BTW: what particular type of GPU do you have? Can you find a link online?
GTX 770 gaming
thnx for that bios file

i jusy flashed this bios

i lost the perfcap ...

and i did tested the stock cooler
the card ramp up as soon as i power , with a constant speed it's an aftermarket cooler only the RPM and PWM wires are connected
still 9800 RMP

somehow connecting the fans of the corrupted gpu to the second healthy card makes the reading wrong and 9000-8880 rpm
but as soon as i unplug the fan all back to normal
but the first corrupted gpu hold the same reading with any fans stock or accelero hybrid fans

when the fans are unpluged it shows 0 RPM , when i stop the fan with hand 0 RPM

i cant change the pciE lanes because both cards are connected for watercooling . and i cant lose my nanofluid

the main problem is in the pwm circuit for the fan in the first card
i need to know this needs a RMA ?

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
With the way you word things, i can't tell what the problem you're facing is... I'm super confused atm.
headscratch.gif
. What was solved with the BIOS i sent you? And what still has an issue you want to RMA the card for? You do not need to increase the size of your text or leave huge space between them. You can just use italics on the key points you want me to see.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

With the way you word things, i can't tell what the problem you're facing is... I'm super confused atm.
headscratch.gif
. What was solved with the BIOS i sent you? And what still has an issue you want to RMA the card for? You do not need to increase the size of your text or leave huge space between them. You can just use italics on the key points you want me to see.
the bios you gave me

did not fix the RPM and the card cant report prefcap on GPuz with that bios under load
smile.gif

sorry my english is bad

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Your English is fine
biggrin.gif
. It's just the huge disorganized wall of text that took away attention from what you were really trying to say. If the fan ramps up continuously and cannot be controlled with any software available, then it's a faulty fan on the GPU.

Unless you can get a professional to check the solder points (maybe one is messed up). I would suggest you RMA the graphics card, but do not forget to return the card back to it's factory state; including the BIOS. I hope your RMA goes fine and MSI accepts the GPU.

Best of luck
thumb.gif

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Your English is fine
biggrin.gif
. It's just the huge disorganized wall of text that took away attention from what you were really trying to say. If the fan ramps up continuously and cannot be controlled with any software available, then it's a faulty fan on the GPU.

Unless you can get a professional to check the solder points (maybe one is messed up). I would suggest you RMA the graphics card, but do not forget to return the card back to it's factory state; including the BIOS. I hope your RMA goes fine and MSI accepts the GPU.

Best of luck
thumb.gif
i will get back to stock i even have the warranty sticker on the screw

thnx man i hope this fix everything
smile.gif

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
up i fix it
i pluged both of the stock cooler fans and reading are back to normal
rpm reading back to normal but wrong reading come back when i plug the accelero hybrid fans
that was the cause of the bug

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitMe View Post

up i fix it
i pluged both of the stock cooler fans and reading are back to normal
rpm reading back to normal but wrong reading come back when i plug the accelero hybrid fans
that was the cause of the bug
LOL.. You didn't state that you were using 3rd party fan all this time
tongue.gif
. I actually thought you were having problems with the stock fans
redface.gif

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

LOL.. You didn't state that you were using 3rd party fan all this time
tongue.gif
. I actually thought you were having problems with the stock fans
redface.gif
loool
the accelero hybrid is mixed up man !!
2 fans and 1 pump and with 12v auxiliary socket ...
thnx man for the help
smile.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts