Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Overclocking my Toaster
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a GTX 780 Classified and I'm having a bit of an issue it doesn't seem to be clocking at more than 575 MHz when I set the offset core speed to +169, it seems to be doing the Memory just fine with the +300 offset (I'm doing this for a dual purpose stress testing and folding for the cause). I'm using WHQL 334.89 if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have had this issue when pausing or stopping folding. Somehow it get it stuck in the cards 2d clocks. Only way I was able to get it back to normal was a restart.

·
Overclocking my Toaster
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Restarting the computer you mean? I would assume that's what your saying, I'll try that since I've already tried stopping the client closing all the processes and then starting it back up again.

Edit: Just rebooted the machine and it's still not using the full clockspeed it did go up to 992 MHz though.

·
Premium Member
8,386 Posts
If the driver crashed and recovered then it will run at half speed untill you restart your PC. It's a sign of unstable OC.

·
Premium Member
8,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer11 View Post

Well the driver didn't crash never got a message about it. But as I said it's now running at the OC speed right now and every so often it'll drop down to 993 (from 1267 MHz) for up to 30 seconds. I guess I'll adjust the OC a bit.
Try running it at stock clocks

·
Registered
706 Posts
Whats the difference now than before?

·
Premium Member
11,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer11 View Post

Hmm... very strange. It's working now but my temps are... problematic.
When the GTX 780 completes a step in the WU it will go down to stock and pop back up when the new step starts. Do you know that Big Bang Theorists are looking for a GTX 780 folder?

You should give me a pm. We are in 3rd place right now.
smile.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts