Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Had my GTX970 (364.72 driver) installed for 3 weeks now and all has been fine (GTA on ultra, Divison on ultra, no problems). Tonight in Dota I got a random pale brown screen and my pc locked up and had to be force rebooted.

I haven't overclocked it and haven't changed any voltages. I'm only using 1 monitor and nothing else hardware-wise has changed.

Rest of my specs:
Corsair TX750
i7 2600k
Corsair 8gb RAM
1TB WD Black

I've checked the temps and kept Speedfan/MSI AB open and my card is never above 60c either.

I'm not sure if more details are needed, I'm just wondering if anyone knows if this is worth RMA'ing the card? I've read this happens due to drivers to a lot of people but I don't know if that's my issue since I had no driver crash and nothing in the event log.

·
Top kek
3,578 Posts
This could be caused by: bad drivers, bad overclock, not enough voltage for needed work, thermal overheat that did not triggered the safety measures.

Or you know, just random "mine" you stepped on, stuff always can happen. No need to issue RMA for somethign thats most probably fine.

Also, it could be some sort of RAM or CPU issue, although i doubt it. Is there ANYTHING OC'ed on your PC? What are the temps?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely nothing is overclocked. My GPU temp is around 57-60c in games, CPU is always around 56-60 in games.

·
Top kek
3,578 Posts
This leaves it to sudden driver issue with the game or just random driver fart. If it doesn't repeat in a month, you will b efine.

·
Top kek
3,578 Posts
If its in warranty - why not, although not being able to identify the exact cause of the issue is more problematic.

PS: if i remebmer correctly, your driver version was reported to have some serious issues, you may try doind DDU and installing some other version.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts