Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still unsure how much I want to spend but here are my current options that I'm looking at.

(Just under $200)
MSI R7 370 GAMING 4G Graphics Card
MSI Computer Video Card Graphics Cards GTX 950 GAMING 2G

(Just over $200)
MSI R9 380 GAMING 4G Graphics Card
MSI Computer Graphics Cards GTX 960 GAMING 4G

My MSI preference is basically just because of the looks. Any opinions, suggestions, or advice is greatly appreciated. (Basically R9/7 or GTX for each of the price ranges)

Current Build:
Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
(Still deciding on a motherboard)
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Corsair SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case
EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

·
What should be here ?
5,918 Posts
You would not need that much of a power supply even if you add 2 cards and run them at stock. A good 600-650W unit would be enough if going AMD or a 550W be more than enough for Nvidia. As for the cards, I'd get the 950 if going below 200$, but go with the 380/X with 4GB of memory if going more than 200. What resolution are you planning to run ?

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
What part of the world are you located in and what would you be using it for?
Like resolution and games/programs utilized...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzug View Post

You would not need that much of a power supply even if you add 2 cards and run them at stock. A good 600-650W unit would be enough if going AMD or a 550W be more than enough for Nvidia. As for the cards, I'd get the 950 if going below 200$, but go with the 380/X with 4GB of memory if going more than 200. What resolution are you planning to run ?
Well, I plan on overclocking in the future and with the power supply I chose, the 650W and 750W are the same price for some reason so I just went with the 750W. 1080p most likely.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlunky View Post

What part of the world are you located in and what would you be using it for?
Like resolution and games/programs utilized...
United States. Games like CSGO, GTA V, Rust, and really just anything that I decide to buy I would like to run smoothly. 1080p most likely, btw. Apologies for not stating in the OP.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-26 View Post

United States. Games like CSGO, GTA V, Rust, and really just anything that I decide to buy I would like to run smoothly. 1080p most likely, btw. Apologies for not stating in the OP.
All good, no worries.
In all honesty, if it were my money, I would pick up a 2nd hand 290.
They will out perform everything you have listed and you can easily get one for $200.
I bought a Gigabyte WF3 290 last January for $200 shipped.

·
New to OCN?
26,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlunky View Post

All good, no worries.
In all honesty, if it were my money, I would pick up a 2nd hand 290.
They will out perform everything you have listed and you can easily get one for $200.
I bought a Gigabyte WF3 290 last January for $200 shipped.
this would be a good choice but dont get a reference cooling if you wont change it for something better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts