Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a freind of mine got a evga 260 216 with the 55nm core. the problem is that the rig boots and the board posts but the card displays zero video and the monitor power light blinks and the fans spins at 100%.

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by whe3ls View Post
a freind of mine got a evga 260 216 with the 55nm core. the problem is that the rig boots and the board posts but the card displays zero video and the monitor power light blinks and the fans spins at 100%.
Have you tried letting it run for about 2min? Because that is how long it took for my 9800gt to first initialize on my old ASRock board.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The easy try → change the other dvi port
The complicated way as follow
your friend's card = A, your friend's monitor = B, another card = C, another monitor = D.
If A + D works, it means B is no good.
If C+B works, it means A has some problem.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm the one with the card. I have tried another monitor, and in another PC. no video. Card must be deadzilla.

I let it try to initialize for about 10 minutes. nothing. I'm currently in Windows on onboard video, and the GTX does not show up at all.

·
Registered
698 Posts
researched...

baked both my GTX260 and my 3870X2 --- they are currently cooling off after being in the oven for 10 mins. Will report back soon

·
Registered
698 Posts
both of them still do the same thing - no video on post.

I wonder if this is some sort of other issue... since both cards have the exact same symptoms....

but, the system should more than handle either of these cards...

·
Premium Member
16,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well it turns out the ultra 600 watt psu has a bad 6pin. went out anf bought a pny 260gtx from bb for a control.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts