Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stepfather is looking to upgrade his 8800gt... he want to get a 260 like mine, however for $10 more they have the SC edition... Is there really any difference besides it being lightly OC'd I know the standard 260 (which is the exact same one I have overclocks above the SC edition easily... So my question is is there really anything else apart from the overclock that set them apart? better cooling? anything

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130372

i feel it would just be better to get the standard.

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
its just paying for the oc u can oc yourself
they may be higher binned though im not sure

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
for 10$, why not, because there is a higher chance that the GTX 260 is a higher binned one, like what sgdude said. Just make sure he gets the 216 version, hopefully also the 55nm

·
Registered
521 Posts
I payed the extra (20 USD in my case) for the SC edition, hoping for a little extra OC (even though, yes, I could do it myself) but I got it from Newegg (two weeks ago) and it came with a free copy of COD world at War. In my case the SC editon was worth it. I'll check Newegg now and see if they still offer the free game....

EDIT: Nope sorry just checked, but still like sgdude said they might have the better ones binned, Go for it
I pay 10 extra dollars alot of times for 2nd day shipping just to help assure me that it gets here on time (I have anxiety people
)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts