Overclock.net banner

GTX280 Give Two Colors On Monitors?

1160 Views 37 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  {core2duo}werd
Uhh crap is my GTX280 bad? (See pic)

Yes, I've switched the cables around, and tried different adapters, it always happens on the same output.

I checked it for obstructions as best as I can, and it's still doing this.
LL
1 - 5 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,353 Posts
Its not the 280. I think its either the monitor or a setting in windows. Make sure that windows didnt install any color profiles on your machine. If it did then delete it and the driver for your monitor. It always makes funny colors when monitor drivers are installed with nvidia cards for some reason. Then again, it could just be the monitor going bad.

EDIT: I suppose it could be the 280 if on of the DVI output pins got dislodged or broken or some connection lost. I doubt its the GPU, most likely some pin or connection on the PCB.

· Registered
3,353 Posts
Quote:
I checked as best as I could, and I can't see anything.. not saying that it's not there though.
if its like that in the BIOS then I am gonna say 90% sure its the 280. I dont think its the GPU itself but somewhere a connection to the DVI port got fried or dislodged. If you have in fact tried different DVI cables then that is my final answer. I would talk to PNY and get an RMA. I doubt there is anything you can do unless you are REALLY good with electronics. Most likely its somewhere on the PCB itself and messing with that will surely void your warranty.

· Registered
3,353 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tpavur View Post
before you RMA it i would try to get used to it and see if you can deal with it first... our econ. is in bad shape right now and if you RMA it your really hurting these companys, green really isnt that bad of a color anyways.
LOL your kidding right? haha well i think it will be ok.

· Registered
3,353 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtypin View Post
Lie for the RMA it seems, but I do not think a faulty DVI port would be considered physical damage, I consider physical as purposely dropping it and/or hitting it with a hammer.
A bent pin is considered physical damage unfortunately BUT it sounds like the problem is deeper. I think its more than just a bent pin. If true then its certainly covered by RMA. Theres not much he could do about it.

1 - 5 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.