Overclock.net banner

GTX280 Give Two Colors On Monitors?

1160 Views 37 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  {core2duo}werd
Uhh crap is my GTX280 bad? (See pic)

Yes, I've switched the cables around, and tried different adapters, it always happens on the same output.

I checked it for obstructions as best as I can, and it's still doing this.
LL
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
5,523 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tpavur View Post
before you RMA it i would try to get used to it and see if you can deal with it first... our econ. is in bad shape right now and if you RMA it your really hurting these companys, green really isnt that bad of a color anyways.
um, yeah I would RMA it. It's broken = RMA.

One guy returning his defective gpu won't kill anyone's economy.

· Registered
3,353 Posts
Quote:

before you RMA it i would try to get used to it and see if you can deal with it first... our econ. is in bad shape right now and if you RMA it your really hurting these companys, green really isnt that bad of a color anyways.
LOL your kidding right? haha well i think it will be ok.

· Registered
3,236 Posts
Quote:

LOL was that a serious response?

Ok, so ive read through this all , and im going to sum up what I have gathered...

You have physically unplugged both monitors from the card and swapped the cable inputs at the card, and produced the green result on the OPPOSITE screen, and have swapped cables at the monitor end as well?? If you have it set up to configured independantly from each other and verifed the color profiles on both are in the clear. I would say you have a bad card.

Seems like you covered your bases...

• Rep+
Reactions: AMD+nVidia

· OG OC
2,214 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
It's NVIDIA. The green is to remind you of that.
You're on a roll today...

· OG OC
2,214 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMD+nVidia View Post
That is what I am thinking. But now that you mention the color profiles and whatever, I'm thinking that it might be 7 because I think I used that port back when it was in a folding Rig. However, 7 ALWAYS has the green tint from that port.

Wait, it looks like that in the BIOS also. I think the GTX280 connector might be damaged.

Can I RMA it for that? It's almost brand new...
Usually not for physical damage...

· OG OC
2,214 Posts
Quote:

Why not? It came damaged..
What I meant is if there is a bent pin on the connector. It looks like you've already checked that, so RMA. How long have you had it?

· Registered
3,353 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtypin View Post
Lie for the RMA it seems, but I do not think a faulty DVI port would be considered physical damage, I consider physical as purposely dropping it and/or hitting it with a hammer.
A bent pin is considered physical damage unfortunately BUT it sounds like the problem is deeper. I think its more than just a bent pin. If true then its certainly covered by RMA. Theres not much he could do about it.

· Registered
68 Posts
Quote:

Uhh crap is my GTX280 bad? (See pic)

Yes, I've switched the cables around, and tried different adapters, it always happens on the same output.

I checked it for obstructions as best as I can, and it's still doing this.
monitors default presets for both if they are same brand. looks like color profile different on one monitor.
also check in nvidia control panel that all your settings are normal and unaltred, and that you<re not set for" single monitor performance mode " , but rather multi monitor or w/e. cant remember the exact terms ;-)

· OG OC
2,214 Posts
Quote:

Ermm... month or two?
The card just started doing that?

Quote:
I'm still mad at you for kicking our butts in [email protected]
lol...Don't hate. We're all on the same team...

· Premium Member
51,319 Posts
Quote:

i agree next time dont buy cheap ass monitors made by Acer
Nice reply!
My Acer AL2223AW works great

· Banned
11,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by zooterboy View Post
The card just started doing that?

lol...Don't hate. We're all on the same team...

No, I think it's been doing that since I got it. Guess I never tried that port.

Same team, so? Still being beat!

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Nice reply!
My Acer AL2223AW works great

Heh heh

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.