Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In preparation of BF3 release I'm wondering if its worth upgrading my GTX460 SSC+ SLI setup for a GTX560ti SLI setup w/ EK waterblocks. Total cost out of pocket would only be $200-$250 not to mention I would have like new waterblocks valued at $100 ea. I've decided I just need something to hold me over until Kepler series cards come out so I have two options:

1) Keep current GTX460 SSC+ SLIs on air and save $200-$250

2) Upgrade to GTX560tis with EK blocks and add to my w/cing loop.

Let me know what you guys think....

·
Ore Wa Gundam
1,800 Posts
Subbed;

I'm interested in pretty much this question also, was either gonna go with 460 SLI, or 560Ti SLI, one card first, then the second when I can next afford it.
Also another question arises in the case of BF3, should we go for the 2GB models? (MSI have evidently released a 560Ti 2GB also.)
I've heard it uses a fair bit of VRAM above High settings, and with AA.

·
!
9,170 Posts
In terms of performance? No way, you're looking at %15 increase max. But if you think the blocks are worth $100 a piece and really want to go WC then sure why not. I would stick with what you have till Kepler though.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Why not watercool the 460's and have fun overclocking? You should get a nice boost in performance with that. It could also help you wait until keplers arrive

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've already OC'd my 460s and my performance is beating most who are already under water so I don't think I'll be able to squeeze much more out of my current setup. Running 4.8 and OC'd cards I'm just below P8000 score in 3DMark11 and that's before making a few changes to drivers and what not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts