Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GTX480 has been acting up lately :[ The screen either locks up or I end up with a BSOD error of 0x116 talking about driver nvdklm.sys or something?

I've tried setting IOH PCIE back to Auto and when I use an old card, my PC is fine and I've been using it as a substitute to play games.

I've had it for a while and its been working fine, using it to play SC2 and HoN.

Any ideas? :[

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
You were using your 9800GT, everything was fine.
Then, you switch to the GTX480 and you have been having BSODs with nvlddmkm.sys error.
Now, you switch back to 9800GT and it is fine?

Try these 12 solutions outlined here:-
http://www.nvlddmkm.com/

I once had this rather 'famous' nvlddmkm.sys error and it was gone after I upgraded the driver (solution 1).

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by windfire
View Post

You were using your 9800GT, everything was fine.
Then, you switch to the GTX480 and you have been having BSODs with nvlddmkm.sys error.
Now, you switch back to 9800GT and it is fine?

Try these 12 solutions outlined here:-
http://www.nvlddmkm.com/

I once had this rather 'famous' nvlddmkm.sys error and it was gone after I upgraded the driver (solution 1).

I switched to my GTX480 6 months ago. It was working fine and all was good and dandy till last week :[

Will check that out though!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE:
Tried to use DriverSweeper to uninstall all NVIDIA software and drivers. Worked for a little bit, got into my game but crashed with same BSOD code in 1 min.

Manually tried to replace the driver with a working one from first install and then one from the most current drivers. Oddly enough, starting a game resulted in a blue screen, but not a BSOD, just a blank blue screen and the PC would restart.

I hope its the 480 isnt defective as I purchased it from someone on these forums :[

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.