Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have (2) GTX 570's in sli. I'm using MSI Afterburner and the voltage is capped at 1.1

Is there a way to get more voltage?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't see the link in the first post, i'm already using Afterburner. And trixx is for AMD cards...

Is there a bios mod for the GTX 570?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm sure that there is, but be careful, I managed to kill my first GTX 570 running it at 1.2v on air - the Asus GTX 570 comes voltage unlocked. I wish that they had set a maximum voltage of 1.1v if the card can't handle 1.2v.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerrk
View Post

I'm sure that there is, but be careful, I managed to kill my first GTX 570 running it at 1.2v on air - the Asus GTX 570 comes voltage unlocked. I wish that they had set a maximum voltage of 1.1v if the card can't handle 1.2v.

well that was your fault, if you did any research you'd know that it's not smart to run 1.2v on air... and it is factory capped at 1.1v max, you flashed the bios to 1.2v, and it can handle it, just not on air

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wick001
View Post

So I flash my PNY GTX570's to the Asus GTX 570 Bios via TechPowerUp: http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/8...80.101126.html

I will be able to hit 1.2V on MSI Afterburner?

Maybe, but you really shouldn't do this, perhaps unless you have water cooling. Even then I'd still think 1.1v is the safe limit.

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilus;11981577
You don't need any bios flash. Just download the zip i'm attaching to this post and use it to play with MSI Afterburner voltage control. It allows you to set a maximum voltage value.

You can find the readme in the zip archive.

First overclock, you'll thank me later
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
This didn't work on my PNY GTX 570's...

The option to go up to 1.4V is in Afterburner, but when you apply, it just goes back to 1.1

Now I did try flashing my PNY BIOS to the ASUS bios on TechPowerUp, it worked, and I could increase voltage up to about 1.21, but no increase in clocks was able to be attained upon testing... So I just flashed back to my PNY bios...

Can I actually get my Volts to 1.4 somehow...?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wick001;11989909
This didn't work on my PNY GTX 570's...

The option to go up to 1.4V is in Afterburner, but when you apply, it just goes back to 1.1

Now I did try flashing my PNY BIOS to the ASUS bios on TechPowerUp, it worked, and I could increase voltage up to about 1.21, but no increase in clocks was able to be attained upon testing... So I just flashed back to my PNY bios...

Can I actually get my Volts to 1.4 somehow...?
I can already smell the characteristic smell of burnt chip
wink.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts