Overclock.net banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
Miklyway as it supports ATI, I was right, the "Join this team" option wasn't showing up under Chrome.

I have the BOINC client up and running, keeping getting this in the messages over and over...

5/22/2010 12:42:28 AM|[email protected]|Message from server: (reached limit of 36 tasks in progress)

Not sure if that's normal or not, and my TPF for CPU folding has gone up by 2 minutes.

·
Premium Member
46,127 Posts
Don't know... might still be the same situation with ATi GPUs and SMP Folding? Try the variables, and see if that changes anything.

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac View Post
Don't know... might still be the same situation with ATi GPUs and SMP Folding? Try the variables, and see if that changes anything.
Oh I'm thinking it is, my SMP client is all messed up, won't budge a percentage now even without BOINC running. Last time this happened I tried to GPU2 + SMP fold and it took me down for a few days...yay?

·
Premium Member
46,127 Posts
No yay.

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
Urgh, what is up with ATI and trying to do anything on the card while doing something with the CPU, it's crazy...and driving me crazy.

Welp, off to fix my SMP client!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Can I fold on my gpu and run the BOINC client on my cpu?

·
Premium Member
46,127 Posts
Yes. You'll need to configure the project not to use the GPU though:

Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac
View Post

It will use CPU and GPU (if supported) by default. If you want it to use one or the other, click the project icon at the bottom of the BOINC Manager and click "My Preferences".

A web page will open. You should see "[Project Name] Preferences". Click that, and you'll be able to turn off CPU or GPU.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac
View Post

Yes. You'll need to configure the project not to use the GPU though:

Thanks. I actually read that post and somehow missed that you mentioned GPU at the end.

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcastaneda68
View Post

When I try to join overclock.net BOINC team, it tells me:

Code:
Code:
Database Error
No teams were found matching your criteria. Try another search.
Please help!

What BOINC project is this happening with?

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcool63;12267024
can u stop and resume when u want?
Yes, just suspend computation whenever u want and resume whenever you want. The work units have deadlines to when they need to be completed and sent back though, so you don't have forever to do them.

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcool63;12268025
the problem is i have free internet only from afternoon 1 to night 8. so thats when i will be able to do it. can i be of any use then?
I would recommend doing projects that take some time. [email protected], World Community Grid and [email protected] comes to mind. You can download the work units during your free internet time, and let your computer compute it all day (or whenever you please). The internet is not needed during computation of the task. When the task is finished, it will be ready to be uploaded. You can upload it during the free internet time.

I'd say try it out. Every little bit counts. At the end of the day, it's all about advancing the sciences. Even if you only do a work unit a day, that's still something. Having high credit isn't everything.

·
Networking Nut
604 Posts
Okay, I installed the latest client but I cannot find any way to stop it from starting automatically on bootup. Is there any way to have it only start manually? I cannot have this always coming up on bootup, so I uninstalled until I find a way to only start manually.

Any help anybody can provide would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
46,127 Posts
Run> msconfig> Startup tab. Uncheck the box there and it should stop it starting automatically.
smile.gif

21 - 40 of 50 Posts