Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I decided to make a quick guide for those that have problems with stuck terminals or have ripped the wire out of the terminal in the connector.

What you will need for this guide is as follows:

1. Small Vice Grip - these can be found basically anywhere, your best bet is a hardware store but they can be found on amazon or ebay.
2. Bobby Pin - the same one a woman would use to pin up their hair, a metal one that comes in pack of 100 is fine.
3. Strong Pair of Cutters - these can be found in many toolboxes or at the hardware store, it needs to be strong enough to cut the bobby pin.
4. Sand Paper - just a small ammount of medium grit sandpaper will work fine.

Directions:

To make this tool you simply need to cut the bobby pin so that all you are left with is one long straight piece. You will want to cut both sides including the little plastic bead on the end. After you have cut the bobby pin to just the straight piece clamp down the piece in the vice grips so that about an inch or more is sticking straight out. Once clamped proceed to sand down the end of the bobby pin piece so that there is no super sharp edges to it.

Once you have finished those steps you are done. To use the tool you simply insert the metal peice on both sides of the terminal where the remover would normally go and press it down as far as possible and then remove it - then proceed to do the same thing to the other side. The terminal should pull right out or you can use the bobby pin piece or a small flathead screwdriver to push the terminal out. If it does not come out the first time repeat the steps until it does. It should work right away the first time.

And thats it! Here is an example of the completed tool!

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
6,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirli View Post

i use a small allen key , way easier lol
How do you jam a allen key in there without bending the terminal? I dont think I have ever seen one small enough for that....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts