Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by wierdo124's guide to setting up web monitoring for FAHMon, and having been completely sold over by HFM, I decided to make this guide so you can monitor your clients and alot of other useful stats from anywhere in the world, like you can with FAHMon. Only HFM is much more informative.

1. Open HFM.net, and go to Edit > Preferences. Under the Scheduled Tasks tab there's a "Web Generation" section.

2. Check the "Create a Web Site" box

3. Set the target folder to somewhere you know, or use the default 'C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\MyFolding" directory. Desktop should be good too.

4. Now press F6 to refresh all clients (the directory you set in the last step should have a number of files in it at this point)

5. Connect to a web host, and upload all the files in the folder previously specified.

Now, go to the website and you should see the web monitoring application. To have it update live, you need to tell it your password and username for your FTP to the site so it can upload the updated data. In order to do this, fetch your password and username.

6. Open HFM and go to Edit > Preferences where you were previously. You're going to replace the previously entered local directory with the following:

Code:
Code:
ftp://username:[email protected]:21/
Since HFM makes a host of pages, not just an "index.html" home page like FAHMon, you can specify a folder, this can either be the root folder like mentioned above or something like this, whatever you like:

Code:
Code:
ftp://username:[email protected]:21/folding/
7. Hit OK, and if you've checked the "After each full refresh" button, it'll upload the data and update the site after the interval specified in the "Refresh Client Data" section, by default set to 15 minutes. Check your site.

·
Registered
74 Posts
"Harlem's Folding Monitor"
http://code.google.com/p/hfm-net/

It's similar to programs like FahMon, but if I recall it calculates -bigadv bonuses. Lots of other features, too. Jason from AtlasFolding uses it to monitor his farm. Webstats here:

http://atlasfolding.com/fahstats/summary.html

From what I've found it's the most robust of all of the folding monitors currently available, and I'm also surprised that more people aren't using it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxS
View Post

"Harlam's Folding Monitor"
http://code.google.com/p/hfm-net/

It's similar to programs like FahMon, but if I recall it calculates -bigadv bonuses. Lots of other features, too. Jason from AtlasFolding uses it to monitor his farm. Webstats here:

http://atlasfolding.com/fahstats/summary.html

From what I've found it's the most robust of all of the folding monitors currently available, and I'm also surprised that more people aren't using it.

It's just awareness. They'd use it if they found out it was better.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Doesn't really matter, as long as you get FTP support. The best deal that I know of is Bluehost, but bear in mind that their "unlimited" bandwidth claim is softcapped at anything they deem "excessive." You should be fine as long as you aren't using it as a mass fileserver/getting content published on the front page of Digg. Webstats aren't requried either - you can choose to use only the desktop client.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by nomolos
View Post

what web host would you recommend for this?

Personally I use L4RGE.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
I need to get this setup at home, pronto.

What's the typical size of HFM's files? < 1MB? I'd be willing to host stats for 24/7 OCN folders on hometoast.com ... PM me if interested.

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
4,541 Posts
anyone got this working ?

all i keep getting is a folder doesnt exist error. ...

·
Premium Member
46,119 Posts

·
Premium Member
46,119 Posts
I know someone tried using the code for @ (%40) and it didn't work, but when he put in @ it worked fine, so I don't think that would be the problem...

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
4,541 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac View Post
I know someone tried using the code for @ (%40) and it didn't work, but when he put in @ it worked fine, so I don't think that would be the problem...

now working

thanks

if i would have known it was just a good old host failure
i wouldnt have had to post ... damnit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts