Overclock.net banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have not yet managed to set my adaptive vcore.
I9 10900K & Asus z490 strix gaming e

4.9ghz all core
SVID Behavior "Best Case Scenario"
LLC 4
IA AC LL 0.01
vcore adaptive 1.32v

My goal is to get about 1.2v load (it was I need to pass stress test)
But this only get me about 1.14v in load, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks alot guys
Try SVID= trained

Go to vf point you run full load and adjust.

·
Flight Sim Enthusiast
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I have not yet managed to set my adaptive vcore.
I9 10900K & Asus z490 strix gaming e

4.9ghz all core
LLC 4
IA AC LL 0.01
vcore adaptive 1.32v

My goal is to get about 1.2v load (it was I need to pass stress test)
But this only get me about 1.14v in load, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks alot guys
This looks to me that you didn't follow all of the steps of the guide to find the IA AC LL value which will get your 1.2v load voltage. Also, it you are looking at a 4.9 OC it'll be easier if you do not use the V/F curve point, you'll only need to find the proper IA AC LL value.

• Rep+
Reactions: robalm

·
Registered
255 Posts
This looks to me that you didn't follow all of the steps of the guide to find the IA AC LL value which will get your 1.2v load voltage. Also, it you are looking at a 4.9 OC it'll be easier if you do not use the V/F curve point, you'll only need to find the proper IA AC LL value.
Ye im sorry i have read it a few times now but i still don't understand :confused:
So i can use this settings bellow, and just change the IA AC LL from 0.01 to 0.02 and work my way up?
4.9ghz all core
LLC 4
vcore adaptive 1.32v

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ye im sorry i have read it a few times now but i still don't understand :confused:
So i can use this settings bellow, and just change the IA AC LL from 0.01 to 0.02 and work my way up?
4.9ghz all core
LLC 4
vcore adaptive 1.32v
The board ignores your adaptive target because your target frequency (4.9ghz) is less than or equal to your single core boost (5.3ghz). Adaptive target voltage only works on a 10900k if your target frequency is 5.4ghz or higher. You can increase the load voltage at 4.9ghz by bumping IA A/C to 0.10, 0.15, 0.20, ... etc. while leaving vcore at adaptive mode "auto" or auto.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The board ignores your adaptive target because your target frequency (4.9ghz) is less than or equal to your single core boost (5.3ghz). Adaptive target voltage only works on a 10900k if your target frequency is 5.4ghz or higher. You can increase the load voltage at 4.9ghz by bumping IA A/C to 0.10, 0.15, 0.20, ... etc. while leaving vcore at adaptive mode "auto" or auto.
Thank you.
From what i can tell by reading the first post "SVID Behavior. Its “Best Case Scenario” setting sets IA AC LL to 0.01"
I should not use SVID Behavior Best Case Scenario then?

It should look something like this?
4.9ghz all core
SVID Behavior "auto"
LLC 4
IA AC LL 0.xx
vcore adaptive "auto"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yup you got it. Just vary the IA AC LL from 0.01 to 0.60 (? ) while keeping the rest constant. I'm unsure about where you should stop as I'm not sure how LLC4 is configured for your board.
Just keep an eye on vcore at stock voltage settings with a constant 4.9ghz and use that as the voltage ceiling for your undervolt. E.g. if it tops out at 1.20v under prime95 v30.3b6 smallFFTs AVX, find the IA AC LL that would give roughly the same load voltage for LLC4 and use that as the ceiling for your undervolt.
When overclocking past 49x, you'll typically need higher IAACLL as voltage scaling becomes really bad at higher clock speeds.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yup you got it. Just vary the IA AC LL from 0.01 to 0.60 (? ) while keeping the rest constant. I'm unsure about where you should stop as I'm not sure how LLC4 is configured for your board.
Just keep an eye on vcore at stock voltage settings with a constant 4.9ghz and use that as the voltage ceiling for your undervolt. E.g. if it tops out at 1.20v under prime95 v30.3b6 smallFFTs AVX, find the IA AC LL that would give roughly the same load voltage for LLC4 and use that as the ceiling for your undervolt.
When overclocking past 49x, you'll typically need higher IAACLL as voltage scaling becomes really bad at higher clock speeds.
Thanks alot.
I have succeeded quite well in some stress tests but it oscillates too much
Aida64 stress fpu = 1.199v
Realbech = drops to = 1.161v
Aida64 stress cpu / cache / fpu = 1.21v
cpuz stress test = 1.172v

Aida64 stress fpu is perfect and also Aida64 stress cpu / cache / fpu 1.21v is ok.
But realbech is too low vcore.
Do not know how to fix this?

Settings:
4.9ghz all core
LLC 4
IA AC LL 0.10
vcore adaptive auto

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks alot.
I have succeeded quite well in some stress tests but it oscillates too much
Aida64 stress fpu = 1.199v
Realbech = drops to = 1.161v
Aida64 stress cpu / cache / fpu = 1.21v
cpuz stress test = 1.172v

Aida64 stress fpu is perfect and also Aida64 stress cpu / cache / fpu 1.21v is ok.
But realbech is too low vcore.
Do not know how to fix this?

Settings:
4.9ghz all core
LLC 4
IA AC LL 0.10
vcore adaptive auto
The only stability that matters is your hardest stress test. That's the voltage you want to stabilize.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The only stability that matters is your hardest stress test. That's the voltage you want to stabilize.
But aida64 is the hardest when it come to power it use 1.199v that will pass the test.
Realbech use less power and i get 1.161v and that will fail the test, it needs 1.2v.

·
Registered
107 Posts
But aida64 is the hardest when it come to power it use 1.199v that will pass the test.
Realbech use less power and i get 1.161v and that will fail the test, it needs 1.2v.
Who cares if you're stable in aida64 when you fail once your voltage drops. Always tailor your voltage to match your workload. I guess if you're only using your pc to browse the internet and game then nothing to worry about...

OCCT, prime95, and Linpack Xtreme will all pull more current than aida64. In fact, they will pull laughably more lol

I'd suggest OCCT AVX if you don't have temp issues or prime95 (no avx/avx 2). How long you want to run them really is up to you, just keep an eye out for WHEA or cache errors.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Who cares if you're stable in aida64 when you fail once your voltage drops. Always tailor your voltage to match your workload. I guess if you're only using your pc to browse the internet and game then nothing to worry about...

OCCT, prime95, and Linpack Xtreme will all pull more current than aida64. In fact, they will pull laughably more lol

I'd suggest OCCT AVX if you don't have temp issues or prime95 (no avx/avx 2). How long you want to run them really is up to you, just keep an eye out for WHEA or cache errors.
I think you missunderstad me. He say use the "hardest stress test" the hardest test aida64 use perfect vcore. Aida64 fpu use almost the same power as prime95 small no avx.
I never run prime95 with avx.

Yes Aida64 stress cpu / cache / fpu is very light.
But if you run only Aida64 fpu it is not "laughably"

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think you missunderstad me. He say use the "hardest stress test" the hardest test aida64 use perfect vcore. Aida64 fpu use almost the same power as prime95 small no avx.
I never run prime95 with avx.

Yes Aida64 stress cpu / cache / fpu is very light.
But if you run only Aida64 fpu it is not "laughably"
Yep, you definitely missed my point but good luck. Every user requires different levels of stability based on their typical workload. If Aida works for you, great...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yep, you definitely missed my point but good luck. Every user requires different levels of stability based on their typical workload. If Aida works for you, great...
Again you misunderstand me, i never say aida works for me. Good luck to you to kid.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts