Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe have all guides in a section called guides? I know there is a menu to the right which has links to some and people have them in sig but it would be so much easier for people to find if there was a seperate Guides section?

Just a thought post what you think

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
I think it a good idea because not all guides get a sticky but if they had there own section people could easily just browse through it for the guide they needed.

Browsing for a guide in say the AMD section can get quite hard since so many threads get started and it moves off a few pages plus if people use the search they need to have an idea of what to type to find what they need.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
If possib;le later on maybe, lay it out a little different to normal threads, instead of a 1 list, how about 2 columns (2 lists next to eachother). That way the dark and doomy bottom of the page, wont be so dark and doomy (you know what i mean). It's just the bottom of the age seems to be forgotten, so having 2 columns will make the page shorter and easier to find things.

Maybe put keywords like AMD or CPU in bold or soemthing. Just a suggestion, thought i'd add,,,,,,,

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
I forgot to say, good stuff admin, your really on a burst, people ask soemthing and it gets doen, amazing admin, good stuff

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

If possib;le later on maybe, lay it out a little different to normal threads, instead of a 1 list, how about 2 columns (2 lists next to eachother). That way the dark and doomy bottom of the page, wont be so dark and doomy (you know what i mean). It's just the bottom of the age seems to be forgotten, so having 2 columns will make the page shorter and easier to find things.

Maybe put keywords like AMD or CPU in bold or soemthing. Just a suggestion, thought i'd add,,,,,,,

I understand what you mean and you ahve a point but we need a better way to overcome this. Im sure admin has ideas about it

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

maybe threads are 'forgottten' for a reason, for example they have been solved or were a waste of time. that is how a forum works, out with the old and in with the new. sorry but i dont agree with that one mate.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
a mod and i were talking on AIM and he told me about a section that'll address it, it's in the works and should be up shortly, heh... so much for secrecy....lol.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevo3

maybe threads are 'forgottten' for a reason, for example they have been solved or were a waste of time. that is how a forum works, out with the old and in with the new. sorry but i dont agree with that one mate.

hes on about the guides section not the whole forum

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
This is good news... Nice one Admin

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Giudes dont/shouldn't get old, there guides, not news or people wanting help.

Also, add another search option to only search for guides or whatever.

another thought is you could possible get a counter under your name where the reputation, rep power and trader rating is, it just displays how many guides you've made, people like to be rewarded for what they do and it keeps them modivated, otherwise there is really no point. Members also have to support guide makers as they give up their time to help other (alot more time than just answering a question, it helps more poepl aswell). Support by givign giude makers reps for good guides, positive feedback, like "good job" and "good guide" (you get the drift).

Their my final words unless someone else brings up a new comment or suggestion....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.