Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must admit, this doesnt seem like my type of game, being an rpg and all, but after looking at some features, the no monthly fee, and the new gameplay movie, I think I may go preorder this

anyone else looking at it or already preordered it?... next beta weekend is this weekend and Im thinking I just may try it out

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Just had a look at the main website and it looks pretty impresive... Amazing they are not putting a monthly price onit.

I may have to get a hold of a beta key and give it a try... Thx for the heads up on this game
. RPG not my main game but I did like Neverwinter Nights and Morrowind.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to eb and bought the preorder package...
... Ill be playing the beta this weekend

weird thing tho, it was only 5 bucks at eb and best buy was charging 10

·
Registered
424 Posts
Looks good. I'll have to try and get a beta key aswell. But I'll proberly go out and buy it on release anyway

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenut

I went to eb and bought the preorder package...
... Ill be playing the beta this weekend

weird thing tho, it was only 5 bucks at eb and best buy was charging 10

Did you get a friends single weekend beta pass aswell... I read on the site when you pre order you get one that is for every weekend but you also get a single weekend pass for a friend

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
indeed I did but Ive already got a friend lined up for it... if it falls through Ill be sure to try and contact someone here for next months beta... each beta is from fri morn to suns night so whoever I give it to Im hoping they can give up their life that weekend to maximize its use... lol

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
I just pre-ordered the game as well, much to my wife's dismay...lol

I need to look into the beta pass thingie.

My wife sent me out for headphones for her mp3 player, and I came home with HL2, Painkiller expansion, Sims2 (for her), and Pre-ordered Guild Wars...she wasn't very happy.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ha... nice

if you set it up for this weekend message me on aim and well try it out... are you saying you didnt get the preorder package?... it includes, among other things, a beta pass to try out one weekend a month till launch and a one time pass to give to someone else... o_O

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Quote:

ha... nice

if you set it up for this weekend message me on aim and well try it out... are you saying you didnt get the preorder package?... it includes, among other things, a beta pass to try out one weekend a month till launch and a one time pass to give to someone else... o_O

I got a box resembling the game packaging, just didnt open it last night...had some villains to "arrest" on City of Heroes.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ah ok... thats it, comes with a couple little things

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
I just dont have any money to be buying stuff at moment... I will scourer the net for a pass Im sure I can find one.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
only 5 bucks at eb...

I had an old trade in card lying around for $ 4.50 so I only paid 50 cents... lol

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

only 5 bucks at eb...

I had an old trade in card lying around for $ 4.50 so I only paid 50 cents... lol
Its when it comes to paying the rest... Although that wont be for a while yet so I suppose I could pre-order it.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah its not out until april 28th... also, if you preorder and play on the beta weekends and realize you just dont like it, you can always not pay the rest... its almost like renting it

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

yeah its not out until april 28th... also, if you preorder and play on the beta weekends and realize you just dont like it, you can always not pay the rest... its almost like renting it
Well just had a look around and the only place to pre-order on the net in UK is Game and they want full cash price plus P+P upfront.
Another one is import it from USA for a little bit more in price but only pay small preorder price.

Think I may have to go into town and speak to someone in EB of Game.

Just watched some of the videos and I think it has better visuals then WoW and Guild is free once you bought it... How do they do it.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ill grab a copy and ship it to you if youd like... shipping shouldnt be that much

theres some sort of proprietary streaming technology that allows even 56kers to play and actually enjoy it... must be one reason theres no monthly fee

I also saw some people from the uk and netherlands that http://www.importmadness.com works

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

Ill grab a copy and ship it to you if youd like... shipping shouldnt be that much

theres some sort of proprietary streaming technology that allows even 56kers to play and actually enjoy it... must be one reason theres no monthly fee

I also saw some people from the uk and netherlands that http://www.importmadness.com works

Gonna have to wait until I got the money I think... I looked at Import madness and thats upfront payment ans it comes to 36pound in total.

Well I better fix some peoples PCs and get some cash to spend.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sheesh... what a rip off

if you arent too worried you could paypal 5 bucks over here and find the cost of shipping and Ill send it all to you myself... it cant be much more than a few bucks

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

sheesh... what a rip off

if you arent too worried you could paypal 5 bucks over here and find the cost of shipping and Ill send it all to you myself... it cant be much more than a few bucks

Thx for the offer... I will just have to get busy and find a ski mask and plastic gun... HSBC here I come

Thx for the offer anyways... I will just have to wait until I have paid off my overdraft.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no worries... paying bills is always such a hard decision...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts