Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a friend's house where we did nothing but play Guitar Hero for the PS2, I have to say that is the most fun I have EVER had playing on a console. For those of you who don't know what it is.... http://guitarherogame.com/ click on the gameplay thing on the right....anyways Im hopefully gonna get a copy soon but its either a rare game or in really low demand since I haven't seen them in stores anywhere, actually when my friend found his copy today he called me and told me to get the hell down to Gamestop, thats how big of news it was LOL!

Oh yeah, funny story, the game was introduced to us when a substitute teacher of a friend of mine brought in his PS2 and this game while he was subbing for an Algebra II class (that my friend was in) and let the kids play Guitar Hero for an hour and a half and about 20 minutes after school too! (all of the classes in my school have projectors built into the roof so its pretty sweet) anyways I highly reccomend you go out and buy this game, the gameplay is kinda-sorta like DDR but with guitars! And the music is generally very good, punk rock/metal/older rock.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a lot more fun than DDR, in fact my friend put it best when he said "I'd rather pretend to play guitar than pretend to dance, tons of people play air guitar all day long but no one in their right mind air dances" but the concept of the game is much like DDR or any of the other DDR clones out there, but the fact that you can jam along to some of the best rock songs ever makes it totally sweet! I definitely think its a buy or die candidate

·
Registered
227 Posts
Quote:

HOLY CRAP IN A PITA WATCH THIS GUY PLAY BARK AT THE MOON BY BLACK SABBATH ON THE HARD DIFFICULTY! (especially the ending!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+at+the+ moon

Woa nice. Even though I don't really listen to rock that game looks like a lot of fun. I think they're coming out with a turntable version, but I don't think it'll be as good.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishie36

So when you buy the game does it come with a giant plastic guitar/controller thingy?

Yep.

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Yeah the hardest thing is finding another controller in a store to buy. The only place I've found to get it is from Red Octane's site.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wanna get the multi player pack so badly (game + black controller + red controller
$120 though
) but my parents are mad at me for a number of things and they've cut me off from all expenditures
whatever....Im going back to my friend's house this Friday and we're gonna try Bark at the Moon on Expert
oh and by the way I just found out that Bark at the Moon is by Ozzy Osbourne, not Black Sabbath....lol

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remonster

oh and by the way I just found out that Bark at the Moon is by Ozzy Osbourne, not Black Sabbath....lol

Well of course, Ozzy had been a solo artist for several years by that time. Bark at the Moon was the first (and only) Ozzy tape I ever owned, it came out when I was a freshman in high school. (Yes tape, CDs hadn't been invented yet.)

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What do you mean "solo" artist? I doubt he sang, played the drums and all the guitars in his music LOL he was still a part of a band, just not Sabbath.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
That game is probably the most fun game I have ever played. I only have xbox though, so I'm praying that it gets released for it.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remonster

What do you mean "solo" artist? I doubt he sang, played the drums and all the guitars in his music LOL he was still a part of a band, just not Sabbath.

Um, that's just what the industry calls that sort of thing. It happens all the time. Sure there are musicians playing behind him, but they are not part of "the act". It wasn't the "Ozzy Osbourne Band", it was Ozzy Osbourne, period. The people behind him were irrelevant from a marketing and business perspective, regardless of how important they were to getting the music laid down onto the tracks.

You don't think that every record you bought with a person's name as "the band" was part of a band that just happened to have the same name as the singer, did you?

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Oh...I was wondering how anyone could not know that already.

• Rep+
Reactions: Remonster

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was so happy today after school, I went to the local Gamestop and they had 1 copy of Guitar Hero + the SG controller in stock so I nabbed it ($80!) and I played it so much today when I went downstairs to eat a sandwich I could still see the little dots flying around from the game and every time one of them would reach the bottom of the "screen" my hand would twitch, I dont think thats a healthy sign so Im taking a break from Guitar Hero for the rest of tonight lol. By the way, its only Stereo but if you have a decent 5.1 like I do then you'll be able to appreciate its pretty high quality audio.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts