Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently started watching the entire Gundam Wing series again, and so now I have the urge to blow crap up! I've played some weak mobile suit games before, but are there any real, quality Gundam video games out there? (And not necessarily "Gundam" brand)

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
There are plenty of American Mech Games. Aka, MechWarrior, Mech Assault, Mech Commander, Chrome Hounds, Steel Battalion; all of them come off the top of my head.

Though, you should also look up Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 1 & 2. They are excellent "Gundam Games" as most of the Gundam games are pretty bad. A few have been good, the Dreamcast had 1 that was pretty good, and the PS3 had 1 as well. But it ended up being very buggy. The game was great if it wasn't so buggy. But sadly, most Gundam games are pretty horrible, and I would just try to avoid them.

I have almost all of them, and out of every game I played, Dynasty Warriors Gundam are the only ones that are worth the time or effort.

·
Premium Member
6,125 Posts
+1 for Dynasty Warriors. For PC, there's a fighting game like Street Fighter called "Gundam Wing: Endless Duel" that uses a SNES emulator (I think).

~Gooda~

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So there's nothing gundam related on the PC that's worthwhile? I remember downloading a demo on the PS3 that was mechwarrior-ish, but it was very horrible gameplay. And I'd say that the Mechwarrior series is vastly different than Gundam.

Mechwarrior: Human robots with lasers and rockets
Gundam: Samurai Robots with canons, machine gun, rockets, sabers, flying, etc

·
15,777 Posts
Gundam SEED MSGR vs ZAFT Portable was a fun game

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWolfe
View Post

Again, anything for the PC??? Links please???

Not really. But look into What Gooda is talking about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havegooda
View Post

For PC, there's a fighting game like Street Fighter called "Gundam Wing: Endless Duel" that uses a SNES emulator (I think).

~Gooda~

Also, look in to a dreamcast emulator & Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise From The Ashes

I have it for my dreamcast, it's really good. Play's well on my computer as well if I use a Dreamcast Emu.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That kind of sucks. So...I guess are the Mechwarriors for PC? I guess that will have to do...
As soon as I finish Gundam Wing, I'll take a look at MSG 00 =D

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWolfe View Post
That kind of sucks. So...I guess are the Mechwarriors for PC? I guess that will have to do...
As soon as I finish Gundam Wing, I'll take a look at MSG 00 =D
Yep, Mechwarrior is for PC, and in August we should be getting MechWarrior 4 FOR FREE!

Along with a large number of OCN users playing, it should be a great experience.

·
Registered
861 Posts
yea ive seen all the gundams..... from the orignal to the second season of 00. and not game has done any of then justice except for one that was on dreamcast.

wish mine still worked, now i wanna play it.....

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Armored Core series were excellent imo. There for the PS2, but I'm sure you can whip up a PS2 emulator

1 - 15 of 15 Posts