Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i came home from work
about an hour ago and turned my computer on...

and i herd a gurgling noise i went oh no u don't bloop off you go open it up no sign of water turn it back on see lil drops coming off a 45 degree angle i have installed back off it went, dried it up, tighten it up, seems to be holding now

why would it leak all of sudden i had this thing running full bore for 24 hours its got me wondering

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Huh?
confused.gif

Can't understand your post at all man. Can we get some proper spelling and at least SOME punctuation in there?

·
Premium Member
7,175 Posts
A 45 degree turn was leaking. He tightened it. Stopped leaking. Was working fine for twenty four hours. He is asking why it would start leaking.

Im going to say the heat in the water had a small effect on the gaskets or something.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR KROGOTH View Post

A 45 degree turn was leaking. He tightened it. Stopped leaking. Was working fine for twenty four hours. He is asking why it would start leaking.

Im going to say the heat in the water had a small effect on the gaskets or something.
Heat or pressure, depending on how loose the fitting was to begin with. More than likely heat related though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes...im going to refrain from posting on here right after work my brain is still fried from stocking shelf's and playing with cans all night

it was coming form the hose i just tightened down the clamp i have the 2 45's almost right next to each other only like a 3 inch tube connects them i should have went with a 90 degree ones but idk what i was thinking

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Sometimes over-clamping can cause leaks as well. Too tight with a screw clamp could cause a biased binding of the tubing around the fitting.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybutcher View Post

Out of curiosity, what 45's are you using?
enzotech 45 rotatory

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Interesting. One of my Enzotech 45s leaked in my BOINC rig. Seemed to be the rotary portion that leaked, until I retightened to adjust the tube position.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts