Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.guru3d.com/article/msi-r5...htning-review/

I am kind of bummed about this card, first the custom pcb, great it may be, wont fit my case right, and second, seeing how newegg priced anywhere from 50.00-80.00 more than any of the reviews I think that just sucks.

But thats just IMO

·
Registered
394 Posts
Really nice review and beautifull card!
MSI has done a good work.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does seem like a great card and I really wanted it, but thats life.

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
I was just disappointed at the price...but it has no competition so not sure why I expected the price to be lower then what it is.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqualoon
View Post

I was just disappointed at the price...but it has no competition so not sure why I expected the price to be lower then what it is.

450.00 maybe, but 500.00 thats all newegg. Just like the vapor-x at 479.00, you can get on ewiz for 50.00 less.
ALL NEWEGG

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
Yeah, decided to go with a custom watercooling loop instead for $200 less. My ole 4890 Toxic is doing a fine job...maybe I can find another to CF with and then I'll be golden until the 6xxx series.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could be a smart move
, if you can Find one.

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
Tell me about it, been looking for one on [H] & Anandtech for 2-3 months now saw one on OCN's FS forums but was too late was already sold. Few more rep to go before I can post a wanted thread on it but if I can't find one might just pick up two MSI 5770 Hawks and using that until 6xxx.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by navit
View Post

450.00 maybe, but 500.00 thats all newegg. Just like the vapor-x at 479.00, you can get on ewiz for 50.00 less.
ALL NEWEGG

Except every where but newegg is out of stock

Supply and Demand.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Man that would be a nice card to drive two 120hz monitors with

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Cooling performance seems rather disappointing. I was hoping for better temps and quieter fan. Would prefer the former, but it seems neither is the case. I guess all it has going for it is it has better components which results in having your card last longer when OC'd.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by pravius
View Post

Except every where but newegg is out of stock

Supply and Demand.

Yea I know the s&d side of it, ewiz had the for 424.00 last week while the egg keeps jacking prices, like I said I understand but I dont have to like it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts